Sign in to follow this  
The Catcher in the Rye

Let's go to the Movies...

^^I was about to point out that you put too many "o's" in "somewhere" O_o i really need sleep

And keeping pouts to yourself doesn't get you money from daddykins! Big Grin haha jk. He just tries to distract me by sending me on errands. Cause nothing helps a bad mood like filling the water pitchers and doing someone else's laundry. Roll Eyes

I'm hungryyy....

I watched American Beauty for the first time last night and oh my good god it was incredible. I can't stop thinking about it! It has to be in my top 5 now.

...It may have changed my life.

I've finally got to watch Get him to the Greek. It was really good. I find most comedies vulgar but this was suprisingly clever and sweet. And of course Russell Brand rocks Wink

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

I watched American Beauty for the first time last night and oh my good god it was incredible. I can't stop thinking about it! It has to be in my top 5 now.

...It may have changed my life.

I watched that for the first time a couple weeks ago! Red Face

I thought it was incredible too! My god, awesome movie...

It may have changed mine too.

So I watched the movie "Quills" FINALLY yesterday and it's amazing. The acting is top notch! (Geoffry Rush, Kate Winslet, Joaquin Phoenix) Joaquin should have at least been nominated for best supporting. (Don't get me started on how he should have won for Gladiator and Walk the Line)...Well yea, my obsession with Joaquin Phoenix only grows deeper. He may give you a thing for priests too.

Go watch it!

(netflix is doing the free for a month thing so i'm doing it! Should be watching a bunch of movies this month)

I certainly think he is an underappreciated actor. Was he not even NOMINATED for his roles in Gladiator and Walk the Line? Also, I never knew of any movie dubbed "Quills"--but that cast sounds flipping epic.

Have either of you seen the trailer for David Fincher's--Fight Club, Seven, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button--new film, The Social Network? Or True Grit?

Another question, if you don't mind my asking--what part or NC are the two of you from?

^_^

quote:
Originally posted by Sgtcampsalot:

He's my favorite in the Village por ejemplo Big Grin

Ahhh yes! And his part is so small and his lines so few but he is just captivating. He is highly underrated and I love him.

quote:
Originally posted by NOJ ROBAT:

I certainly think he is an underappreciated actor. Was he not even NOMINATED for his roles in Gladiator and Walk the Line? Also, I never knew of any movie dubbed "Quills"--but that cast sounds flipping epic.

Have either of you seen the trailer for David Fincher's--Fight Club, Seven, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button--new film, The Social Network? Or True Grit?

Another question, if you don't mind my asking--what part or NC are the two of you from?

^_^

Yea he was nominated but lost to Javier Rodriguez in "Traffic" the year he was up for best supporting in Gladiator (what would Gladiator be without his portrayal of Commodus?) and lost to Phillip Seymour Hoffman in Capote the year he perfectly executed role as Johnny Cash in Walk the Line. Joaquin had the singing and Cash's mannerisms down.

Yes Quills is a must see. And the Marques de Sade is a fascinating person to read about too.

AHH I wanna see that social network movie! It is getting RAVE reviews. So far it has a 100% on Rotten Tomatoes. "Impeccably scripted, beautifully directed, and filled with fine performances, The Social Network is a riveting, ambitious example of modern filmmaking at its finest."

Okay now it's 98%. Fuck you Armond White, why are you even a recognized film critic? You ruined Toy Story 3's perfect rating. You have no soul or taste judging from your review history. *End Rant*

First of all, NOJ, I LOVE David Fincher's movies. He's one of those directors I've rarely seen something I dislike from.

I didn't care about The Social Network until: 1] I found out he made it, and 2] I found out Trent Reznor (Nine Inch Nails) did the score for it! I mean, of all subject matters, all these great people in their fields doing one movie like this. I GOTTA see it! :P

Holy crap another NC'inian! What is it with Brumstix and NC? Haha. I'm in Charlotte, I'm currently at UNCC. I know a couple people from Stokesdale, sweet!

I...don't know much about that critic--or most critics. I noticed that The Social Network was getting very good reviews, and it helps that another of my favorite musicians--Nine Inch Nails--did the score.

True Grit though, is a Coen brothers remake of the Eastwood film starring Jeff Bridges and Matt Damon. It looks...well, epic.