Sign in to follow this  
The Catcher in the Rye

Let's go to the Movies...

^^ Hey! I'm in Raleigh! Oh I love all the North Carolinians Smiler

Idk what movie to watch next. I'm thinking A Streetcar Named Desire, Requiem for a Dream or Amelie...

David Fincher is awesome. The Curious Case of Benjamin Button was such a great work of..well, it just was. Sgt, what do you study at UNCC?

You know people from Stokesdale!? Who!? I may know them.

=P

Are there a lot of NC'inians on Brumstix?

And R.overdose, I agree with your statements on Joaquin. I always thought he has been a proficient actor. I haven't seen any of the movie you just listed, however.

o.O

So I watched Amelie and I can not recommend it enough. It's unlike any other movie i've seen, it's WONDERFUL. Easily a new favorite, I'm so lucky to be seeing all of these great movies lately i've been wanting to see Smiler It's in french so you have to read the subtitles but suprisingly you don't even realize you're doing it. The french actually adds to it.

GO SEE IT!!

Okay this movie is kind of old but I just saw it for the first time and it was amazing!. Its called Speechless with two of my favorite actors Geena Davis and Michael Keaton. Its a love story about two speech writers from opposite New Mexico senatorial campaigns that get into some trouble when they begin to fraternize.

^^ I put it in my queue of movies to watch!

I watched "Temple Grandin" last night with my family and WOW it is a true story and very inspirational. My family loved it and the first thing my dad said to me this morning was how good it was (he never brings up movies the next day much less actually stay awake for the whole thing haha) It won the Emmy for best movie and Claire Danes won for best lead actress (WELL deserved).

It's about real life Temple Grandin, an autistic woman who has become one of the top scientists in the humane livestock handling industry and also writes books for parents of autistic children so they can better understand what it's like.

The movie gives a GREAT perspective on what it's like to be autistic and the struggles but gifts Temple has because she thinks in picture.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to see Darren Aronofsky's (Requim for a Dream, The Wrestler) new movie starring Natalie Portman "Black Swan". It's a psychological thriller about ballet, umm can it sound any more awesome?!

It's being released December 3rd but only limited and it doesn't seem to be in North Carolina at all so I may cry. I've been waiting since early summer.

I have been wanting to see that too! It doesn't seem to be playing in Maryland either Frowner

quote:
Originally posted by Reginaoverdose:

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want to see Darren Aronofsky's (Requim for a Dream, The Wrestler) new movie starring Natalie Portman "Black Swan". It's a psychological thriller about ballet, umm can it sound any more awesome?!

It's being released December 3rd but only limited and it doesn't seem to be in North Carolina at all so I may cry. I've been waiting since early summer.

Natalie Portman was on Letterman the other night promoting the movie and Letterman gave her a huge compliment. He said something like 'it's sad to see all these actors and actresses going to the Oscars and winning academy awards because once you see this movie, no one even comes close.' Something like that. She blushed her head off. He obviously saw it and just went on and on about her performance. She was all embarrassed about how bony she looked. She said she had to lose like 20 or 30 pounds. Wow! to do that when you're already thin. Anyway sounds like a good one. I saw 'The Other Sister' not long ago, she really is quite the actress.

quote:
Originally posted by leaves:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows was frakking awesome!!

Why is there no discussion aboutit?!?!

SOMEONE DISCUSS IT WITH MEEEEEEEEE!!!!

kthanks.

I know, I loved it too!!

The colour scheme (you know the filter or whatnot they applied so the colours were gloomy); filming locations (the forests and Godric's Hollow looked just as I imagined them reading the book); surprisingly the acting (I was particularly impressed by Emma Watson who overacted in the past); CGI...amazing!

Also, almost nothing happened in the movie, the pace was really slow but it all added to the incredible atmosphere. IMHO, it is as good as the third movie.