Sign in to follow this  
bowchee or john

$80 well spent

id never get tattoo i dont reli care about what other people do to themselves but i dont like the idea of the permanent drawing and the painfulness i dont think they look v nice either

i just dont like the way they look or some people make such a big deal about getting one there not that good looking and its painful and i do no someone who got one and she did admit it hurt.....

and im not jewish

quote:
Originally posted by Senza:

quote:
Originally posted by johny:

Where did you guys meet her after the show (just for reference for the next time)?

Just out front in the street. She didn't come out till about 1am though, so it was a long wait, but i'd missed a train anyway (they'd replaced it with a bus but forgot to mention it in the station) so had nothing better to do..! My mind went a bit blank and i'd love to go back and speak to her more properly but i wasn't sure if she was even up for speaking at any length. Plus it was kind of raining.

Dont worry about it, after all there's nothing you can do now. Im sure you'll get another chance to meet regina again Smiler. Was there many ppl there when she came out? Did she and talk for long? Did she talk to everyone? Sorry about all the questions - i just really wanted to stay and meet her but my dad was sitting waiting for me in the car, and had to be in work the next day.

PS. I really, really hope i get to meet her next time i go to one of her gigs - id be gutted if i missed her again.

Because the bus was right outside the venue, you couldn't miss it when leaving so a load of people figured if they'd hang around they'd get to meet her as she came out, but the numbers dwindled at a pretty steady rate as people's lifts home arrived, people had trains to catch, or when they just decided the wait wasn't worth it...like when you've been waiting an hour and are thinking it must be any minute now and then the stacks of pizzas arrive to be taken in, presumably for her/the crew/staff and you realise you're in for a looong wait. And then the rain came. And then the dopeheads sifting through the bins in the alley...

By the time she came out I think there were only half a dozen of us still waiting. She was really sweet and polite and talked to everyone, signed stuff (but not my arm!), but I did get the impression she was wanting to get away as soon as possible. But who can blame her? It was 1am, cold, drizzling with rain, in a didgy street, she'd just done a show and had to ride on to Birmingham for the next night's show. Not the perfect environment for hanging out.

One thing I thought was funny was that by the time she came out we'd been waiting that long, we were all sat on the pavement across the street. When we saw her come out, I think everyone was overcome with shyness and nobody wanted to get up and dash across to her. So we kinda sat there for a second or two and for a moment I thought she was going to get on the bus and leave with us all sitting there dumbfounded. In the end she saw us and she was the one that came over to speak.

That's a great story---that SHE came over to you. Awww. She's so nice.

The first time I saw her, last fall, she waited about 45 min. to come out. There was a small crowd, and she hugged, posed with, and chatted with every single person. And she even hung out after everyone drifted off. (My kids ran back to get one more autograph, and she was standing with the band, relaxing.)

4 months later, after the Grantham show, she waited I think about 2 hours to come out. But I think she did spend time with every person. I think she's waiting longer now so the crowd will thin out cause she feels bad if she can't chat with each waiting fan. That's my theory...

quote:
Originally posted by Stepped On A Syringe:

aww im so glad you had a chance to meet her..

im not sure what ill do... i mean who knows if my mom will even let lalll of us stay that late--- but i hope//

and even then i dont know if id have the guts to even go up to her...

Is your mom going to the concert? Maybe she'll want to stay herself Smiler

I'd try to persuade your mom since Regina may one day stop coming out like that after concerts...On the other hand, if your mom insists you go home, that's OK---you will still be euphoric from an amazing night, I'm sure.

quote:
Originally posted by mooebon:

quote:
Originally posted by Stepped On A Syringe:

aww im so glad you had a chance to meet her..

im not sure what ill do... i mean who knows if my mom will even let lalll of us stay that late--- but i hope//

and even then i dont know if id have the guts to even go up to her...

Is your mom going to the concert? Maybe she'll want to stay herself Smiler

I'd try to persuade your mom since Regina may one day stop coming out like that after concerts...On the other hand, if your mom insists you go home, that's OK---you will still be euphoric from an amazing night, I'm sure.

mom

dad

older sister

younger sister

older sister's boyfriend

older sister's best friend

my friend

(all of those people are converts from me)

and me.

so ive got an entourage.

but, you know we arent all adults.. and we have school the next day, =[

quote:
Originally posted by PerksOfAWallflower:

quote:
Originally posted by Sanddancer:

I don't think that Regina has a problem with tattoos or people with them as such, but I think I can say with some certainty that she doesn't approve of them. Not just for herself, but on others.

I met her and asked her to sign her name on my arm, with the intention of going straight to my tattooist to have him go over it, creating a pretty unique Regina tattoo.

She wasn't into it at all and refused to do it. She even asked the question that all of the people I know that are into tattoos hate more than any other..."why would you want to do that to yourself?".

I still may work up something to have done...maybe an entire leg composed of imagery from the sings, the album covers and maybe some choice lyrics, perhaps a stylised picture of Regina herself in there somewhere. Seems a little odd though, doing it knowing that she would disapprove. Not that I'd be doing it for her, I get my tattoos for me alone, but still...

wow this is the proof weve been searching for all along

well shoot i was gonna get her to put her signature somewhere next to it o well

quote:
Originally posted by Might Make A dollar:

I'm willing to bet that the "no tatoos" aspect of Judaisim is a lot like the "no meat on Fridays" aspect of Catholicism. Most people don't follow it. And since Regina is a modern woman, I assume she's not particularly devout.

Most likely. I'm Catholic, and we also don't think tattoos are...good. The way we look at it is that our bodies don't belong to us, they belong to God, and we can't just mutilate ourselves...it's like spraying graffiti on a church. Somewhat.