Sign in to follow this  
PerksOfAWallflower

does regina frighten your parents?

I was in the car with Mum today and I just happened to put some Regina on Wink... On The Radio came blasting out, and my mother goes:

"Oh I can't listen to this, it's not music it's just noise!"

I was like:

"WHAT!... Mum you have greatly offended me lol"

I made a joke out of it, but deep down I was kinda hurt 'cause Regina's music means a lot to me and my Mum just flat out ripped it down.

I consoled myself, and then thought "Aww well fuck it, as long as I like it" lol Big Grin

My Mom says she is "nice" but doesn't seem to be falling in love with her or anything. I played "Poor Little Rich Boy" for her and when it got to the "And you don't love your mother..." she got jokingly upset and asked if Regina really didn't like her mother...so I had to explain the whole non-autobiographical deal.

My mom has also asked me how old Regina is and if she is married or has a boyfriend, like she is going set us up hahahaha...i wish.

that makes me think of this from High Fidelity

Barry: I wanna date a musician.

Rob Gordon: I wanna live with a musician. She'd write songs at home and ask me what I thought of them, and maybe even include one of our little private jokes in the liner notes.

Barry: Maybe a little picture of me in the liner notes.

Dick: Just in the background somewhere.

I was reading the posts here and it amazed me how unattentive the parents (most of the adults) can be and how they judge so quickly!

I think I have it easier than most of you guys, everybody loves Regina and I have no big arguments over her - just one little problem. My husband adores Regina and has plenty of her songs on his i-pod. However, he is concerned with me spending so much time here on the forum. He sais I am addicted, I waist my time and energy. And I do not even post so much (well, I do read a lot). He sais I behave like a teenager (I am hitting 30 this fall and I see nothing wrong with my behaviour). I must admitt I enjoy it, reading this forum, writing to people with whom I have so much in common. I just think he is jelous! - but why? I have no clue.

I actually had the inverse problem for quite a long while. I loved reg and my daughter didn't. I tried everything. I even tried nothing since I thought part of it might be it wasn't cool to like what your Dad did. Then one day her girlfriend was over and heard me listening to That Time. She started asking all the right questions. Before I knew what hit me they were up in her room listening to everything.

While she's still not a huge fan, she is a fan. Cool

my friend played me her videos on the site like maybe six months ago, and i loved it. Then the next week i went to nashville to visit my sister and she was like listen to this great new artist (regina of course) and i told her id just heard about her and loved her. ive introduced my parents and they like her alot and pretty much all my friends have also fallen in love with her one way or another. i went to bonnaroo with her as one of my top shows to see but then after i jumped down the wormhole and lost all my shit friday i didnt have a schedule or a clock and was still flying and almost missed it (forgot what i was supposed to be doing?) but fortunately i checked in at information just in time to run there and miss only the first fifteen minutes. now i watch the youtube footage to get going most mornings for the past couple weeks since i moved and am now finally back online whew

My mom was kind of turned off right away when she heard me listening to 'Belt'. hahaha. She says "that's wierd." and I said "i know, isn't it brilliant?"

Oh, and yes. My parents def. think I have a crush on her. My friends, my relatives, boyfriends, etc. It's not really a problem. I tend to think that the people on this forum are "enlightened" and realize how magnificent this woman is.

My brain kinda flops around in my head when I think about people who only know "Fidelity" or "Samson" because, they just don't know what they're missing. Those poor people...