Sign in to follow this  
BitsOfBone

Mary Ann

quote:
Originally posted by Stepped On A Syringe:

oh .weird! i always thought they weere.. whatshe said?

like, it didnt matter what the problem was between them, or how horrible, stiff etc. he DID love her food.

Lol yeah I have no idea now.. i just always thought of it like the food were parts of her that he loved (sexually) haha. Who knows, i guess it works either way..?

x

After reading all these different interpretations of Reg's songs, I do have to admit that it kind of brings me down a little because most of the time I just sit back and listen, and more often that not I don't TRY to understand. Like when I let one of my friends listen to Daniel Cowman she was like "But what does it MEAN??" and I was like "Oh, I don't know..." and she kept on rambling, "Maybe she dreamed about it and woke up and wrote the song", and all these ideas, and I was just sitting there like "Uh...yeah", and stuff. I just let the music wash over me. If that makes sense. Smiler

Okay well thank god for discovery TV... I have a possible ID on this constant Mary Ann figure popping up in Regi's songs...

Mary Ann Cotton... Infamous serial killer from the 19th century.

She was said to have murdered 20 people including her own children and husbands (mainly for money from insurence).

Anyway I was up late watching TV and thought "hey lets see what on discovery..." and BOOM I was like: "WTF it's Mary Ann!"

What freaked me out even more was that she was born and lived in the same town I was born in...

quote:
Hey Perks,

i always thought the meatloaf, chicken breast etc were parts of Mary Ann herself..?

Perks, I always thought the same but then it might just be that I have a dirty mind.

cool. thats wierd... wow. neat discovery!

not to argue but.."she killed him rather quickly" and Mary Ann Cotton killed her victims slowly. maybe regina's mary nn fed her husband a large amount of arsenic at one time and killed him fast. because the parts about the food makes alot fo sense with poisoning.

quote:
not to argue but.."she killed him rather quickly" and Mary Ann Cotton killed her victims slowly. maybe regina's mary nn fed her husband a large amount of arsenic at one time and killed him fast. because the parts about the food makes alot fo sense with poisoning.

You got a point there Perks, maybe Regina took the a few things from Cotton and adapted it to fit her song.. If the song is based on Mary Anne Cotton, I wounder how Regina came across her.. Hmm purhaps she was just sitting watching discovery one evening, and was so inspired by this sick sick woman she went on to write a song about her.

Mary Ann in Sailor Song refers to the sea. In Italian the word for sea is 'mare' which could sort of sounds like Mary, and the sea is unpredictable and annoying, in other words, a bitch.

I think the line about kissing you till your lips bleed sorta gives it away. The sea is being personified as a woman in the song.