Sign in to follow this  
johny

Why are ppl so closed minded about music?

quote:
Originally posted by PerksOfAWallflower:

haha.. funny story...

once i was driving a girl home from choir practice, and i turned on my ipod to regina of course, and headed down the road. the first song that came on was "samson", and the girl was like "oh my gaaaahd, i love this song so much, i wish it was on the radio, i love this song omg i love regina spektor." and after "samson" was over, "lounge" came on. and the girl scrunched up her nose, and was like "who is this chick" and i said "well, its regina spektor, i thought you loved her." and she was fumbling for words and says "oh, i do, i do, ive just never heard this song before... why is she making that noise?" haha i laughed my ass off, she didnt talk about regina around me anymore for fear id make her listen to regina's "wierd side" again...she doesnt know what she's missing.

haha, it amazes me how people dismiss anything new, different, or slightly away from the mainstream as "weird." I think this type of narrow-mindedness is a horrible outlook to have about life, and i would pity people like that if i wasn't so frustrated with them.

I was introduced to Regina...IT was a dark and stormy night(minus the stormy) and i was preparing for bed cuando i happened to pass the TV and she was playing on Kimmel? It was Fidelity and I was alone in the dark room watching a red headed, red lipped, red finger nailed, and red piano, musician. Her voice literally paralyzed me as i just stood there listening. literally my hands frozen in their night time flossing position. It was the first time I had ever seen/heard and artist who stopped me in my tracks and captivated me so. I was giddy when she sang hear-ar-ar-ar-ar-art. Wow. I completely missed what her name was ( to much in awe/ frozen/ absorbing the experience) and was frustrated for some weeks as her song haunted me. Her voice, her piano, her beautiful red piano. I must admit i was a huge sucker for that red Piano. Any ways, life was freaking busy and eventually i found my long lost red piano musician. The rest is history.

quote:
Originally posted by Most Nuts Ever:

Piano in general will suck in me pretty easily Smiler

I know what you mean!! I love the piano, it's probably my favorite instrument. Not that I play it or anything...I used to, I started when I was 6 (just like Regina!!! Big Grin) but I had to stop when I was 10 because we had to move. And I haven't taken them since, although I've mentioned to my parents various times that I'd like to again. Smiler

The piano is such a versatile instrument. even with one key played, it can be filled with so much emotion. i remember reg saying "when i was testing the BTH pianos, for the one i would record with, i was in a room with amazing steinways, etc. that all u had to do was play one key, and hte whole room was filled with magic"

or w/e

but it is true. you can be so versatile with the piano, and emotion can be poured into music so easily..

i play many instruments, and am serious about them all, but none relate to the piano.

yea i remeber that interview. she said on thosee huge pianos you couldnt hit a wrong note, it was like when your a kid and you just hit a key, and its magic! i love that interview. its sad she had to settle for the smaller piano when she wanted the bigger one. i cant wait till she's famous and rich enought to get whatever she wants.

ahhh,,,, i keep forgetting that there is a FUTURE! well, the future is now, considering time is not a dimension and there is no present, only future and past.

however.... i forget that soon, we will have a new album! new hype! its like, im so satisfied with everything now, but it can only grow!