Sign in to follow this  
Naruto_92

regina for oldies?

so far, everyone in my school hates regina. they all hate her. but that's not the only thing. the majority of people say "regina spektor? oh yeah, my MUM likes her." i'm like wtf? regina is a hip as anyone i can think of, so why is it that she only seems to appeal to older listeners?

so far, everyone in my school hates regina. they all hate her. but that's not the only thing. the majority of people say "regina spektor? oh yeah, my MUM likes her." i'm like wtf? regina is a hip as anyone i can think of, so why is it that she only seems to appeal to older listeners?

There seem to be people of all age groups on this forum Smiler the people at your school probably hate her because they thought she was "weird" after hearing the hea-a-a-a-a-a-a-a-art thing in Fidelity. People are so close minded.

its so funny. because i think older people are initially attracted to her cute fidelity and on the radio music video's but then they listen to like Daniel Cowman, or something and its ruined because they realize she actually rather punky and has the "i dont give a shit im just being myself" attitude. My gma LOVED her, and then we were watching youtubes, and we came to the Tower records one where she says "next album, fuck fuck fuck fuck... oh..sorry" and i was cracking up , but gma was appauled that a little lady would say that. and i liked her all the better for it (now knowing she wasnt an uptight prissy person). so regina is hip, but her mainstream video's dont display that side of her, so adults really fall in love with the adorable regina... i think Us video would attract more kids (its not as cutesy)

^yess! One of my relatives loved Fidelity so I let him listen to all of her albums and a few days later I asked if he liked them to which he responded "no" and he only liked Fidelity. I understand people have different musical tastes but I was still quite disappointed, haha. But my father who is around the same age loves Regina.

As the senior poster on Stix (yes, Andreseng, older than you!), I can attest to the fact that Regina can appeal to older people.

But my impression, based on this site and on concerts I have attended, it that most of her fans are 20-somethings and younger.