Sign in to follow this  
johny

A question about regina shows

I'm going to regina's concert in Liverpool on the 4th September (only 29 days to go - can't wait!). Its my first ever music concert and I was just wondering how early you have to be at one of regina's shows to get to the front?(its standing and so tickets are just for general admission). I am soooooooo looking forward to the show and it would be such a shame if i was stuck at back, not being able to see anything Frowner. I know how helpful and great the people on this forum are, and it would be great if someone could help.

I'm going to regina's concert in Liverpool on the 4th September (only 29 days to go - can't wait!). Its my first ever music concert and I was just wondering how early you have to be at one of regina's shows to get to the front?(its standing and so tickets are just for general admission). I am soooooooo looking forward to the show and it would be such a shame if i was stuck at back, not being able to see anything Frowner. I know how helpful and great the people on this forum are, and it would be great if someone could help.

It really depends on lots of things...but my suggestion is get there as soon as possible even if there is no one else there then you know that you will get the best position inside.

I have waited over 12 hours for some shows and I think that it is worth it to be at the front.

You do need to be at the front for Regina so yeah......get there early......good luck I hope you enjoy it.

I just want to say that, though it's fantastic to be at the front, the first time I saw Regina I was at the back and I LOVED the concert. It was amazing. I think the sound is often better at the back. So, get to the front if you can, but if you can't, don't worry---you'll love it. Bring binoculars if you have some (not kidding).

The second time I saw her I was in the center of the front row, a few feet from her (the stage was only elevated a few inches) which was incredible, I admit. But next time I see her my tickets (Philly) are for way back, and I know I will have a blast. So, don't get too stressed about it. You will have a great time!

quote:
Originally posted by mooebon:

I just want to say that, though it's fantastic to be at the front, the first time I saw Regina I was at the back and I LOVED the concert. It was amazing. I think the sound is often better at the back.

If it's a big venue enough, i'm not sure it's false Wink not necessary far, but middle can be a great musical experience (even if it's a less visual one ^^ )

I mean: whoever has heard the take of her gig @ the Regent Theatre in Melbourne (recent take: 2007-07-14, from the front rows) must have been impressed as me by the way her voice seemed filling the space in the theatre on some songs. I had never heard this on any Regina's live recording before. Hearing that live was more probably more impressive, especially mid-sitted. Furthermore, she really sang in a particular way this night all along the gig, and i love it. Consequence: one of my favorites Regina's recording, despite cough and crowd.

Thanks for the advice everyone! Smiler I just found out im gonna only get there about 45 mins before the start (damn trains) and so i'll probably end up at the back. However thanks mooebon and roth for the reasuurances - im sure it'll be briliant anyway!

Relax and just enjoy it, find a space at the side, then work your way forward and with a bit of cheek you can get to the front, if that's what you want. Wink

For best sound I find you need to get in the middle and if the Mixing Desk is central get near there, as that is the very best place for sound! Roll Eyes

Regina will play for an hour or more, so move about and eventually settle, look, listen then drift away into Regina Dreamland! Smiler

I saw Regina at The Brighton Concorde on the hottest night of last year, no air conditioning and I watched the support from the back, then when Regina came on and I wanted to take photos I worked my way forward and got pretty close and I am six feet two and built like a Brick Outhouse, but it was like a Sauna, Regina nearly blacked out and I sweated about two stones off! Big Grin

That's OK Johny but now we expect a detailed review, photos and a video of Regina's Liverpool Gig from you now! Big Grin

I have pulled my last year's Brighton Concorde review to the top to show you what is required from you! Roll Eyes