Sign in to follow this  
Ave

One time..

And again I'm reminded of the Belgian comedian Wim Helsen whose previous show was called "heden soup!" (today, soup!). That's soup and lunacy for you, about an hour and a half of absurdism with soup as a very important part of the character portrayed (a crazy person)... unfortunately it's all in Dutch so I can't share it really.

the soup story of Helsen: "I make soup with a secret love message in lettervermicelli and I give a bowl of soup to beautifull women who are waiting at busstops. They always yell and scream when I offer them my special love-message soup! Why do they do that!? I only want to give them soup! I am not going to kill them hitting them with soup! no! that would be silly. I'm not silly, I'm perfectly sane.

Still I dream, that once there will be a woman who will drink my soup and all the letters will arrange in the correct order in her stomach and she will understand me and she will love me and we will make long walks on the beach BECAUSE THAT IS ROMANTIC! Except when there is a dog. What does that dog do here! I kick the dog! Petat! stupid dog, gone with you! This woman ate my soup! but what if the dog eats my woman? etc..."

I'm afraid I don't remember it. At all! I think my brain did everything in its power to destroy the memory of it. It was horrible.

This is the sort of free-thinking place where the greatest inventions/ideas of the century could be born..