Sign in to follow this  
Sunshine Redneck

Is This Pre-sale Thing Reliable?

quote:
Originally posted by Eliana:

Hmm, the tickets I just got on pre-sale are 'will call' meaning that i pick them up the day of the concert with a photo id. Is that reliable?

Yes.

The only thing I'm worried about though is that i can only get them once the doors open, so a bunch of people will get in before me, and i don't want a bad spot Frowner

i got mine presale, but it was a seated show so it meant i got awesome seats in the 4th row and was able to move up to 3rd due to 'fans' who won exclusive best-seat-in-the-house seats not showing up. I had an unobstructed view of regie when she stood up the guitar! Hope u can work sth out Smileri agree it would be a good idea to call them, otherwise what's the point of buying them early if ur gna be disadvantaged?

I went ahead and bought my Atlanta tickets (Tabernacle) pre-sale. I had the advantage of knowing someone who's been to this venue before; purchased seats sit above the general admission and are apparently very good. The "quick tickets" thing kept giving me the same seats in section 204, so I'll cross my fingers and plan my trip.

The thing that made me regret buying pre-sales last time: People who had tickets in-hand were flooding into the venue the second doors were opened, and everyone who had pre-sales had to wait in the will-call line, which wouldn't process any will-calls until the doors opened.

The most frustrating thing in the world is being at the front of the line until doors open, and then when they do, you have to stand there and wait for your tickets while everyone walks past you... Being in the front of the line is better than not though, and I still ended up with a good spot, but I'm short, so it was a big worry for me when I saw these people flooding in while I stood there like a sucker. Grrr.

Delivery option this time though, so that's a little better.

quote:

The only thing I'm worried about though is that i can only get them once the doors open, so a bunch of people will get in before me, and i don't want a bad spot Frowner

Just read that after my previous post, and yeah, that's exactly what almost happened to me. I would be willing to bet though, that there were other presale people that weren't at the very front of the line like I was and DID get kinda screwed by that scenario.

Bottom line: IF the venue is General Admission and you want to avoid any possibility of a will-call scenario (ie. unmailed tickets), I suggest you buy the tickets yourself the day that they come out to the public. Local record shops that carry tickets, or venue box offices are the best place to buy, as they don't have service fees like Ticketmaster and the others do.

quote:
Originally posted by JohnnyC:

quote:

Just read that after my previous post, and yeah, that's exactly what almost happened to me. I would be willing to bet though, that there were other presale people that weren't at the very front of the line like I was and DID get kinda screwed by that scenario.

Bottom line: IF the venue is General Admission and you want to avoid any possibility of a will-call scenario (ie. unmailed tickets), I suggest you buy the tickets yourself the day that they come out to the public. Local record shops that carry tickets, or venue box offices are the best place to buy, as they don't have service fees like Ticketmaster and the others do.

Yeah, well it's kind of too late for that :/ i already got them pre sale. oh well.

Well, by the time I decided to get the pre-sale tickets the LA pre-sale sold out. Does anyone know when the rest of the tickets go on sale? This will be my first Regina concert, I'm looking forward to it.