Sign in to follow this  
BilboBaggins

Regina Spektor put to Ballet

Hey Everyone

I have become a huge fan of Regina Spektor and have decided after the release of her new CD (BTH) to try and apply my work with hers. I am currently working for a professional ballet company as a dancer and choreographer. After being introduced to Regina I have been trying diligently to promote a contemporary ballet put to her music. It would consist of retro like costumes, sets, props, lighting, and use of multi-media, that would compliment all the songs chosen for the piece. Done correctly I think it will open new doors and broaden the art of contemporary ballet. Basically I wondered what other people thought of the idea especially her fans and if anyone else had addtional ideas or comments (hopefully positive)about the project, let me know.

Hey Everyone

I have become a huge fan of Regina Spektor and have decided after the release of her new CD (BTH) to try and apply my work with hers. I am currently working for a professional ballet company as a dancer and choreographer. After being introduced to Regina I have been trying diligently to promote a contemporary ballet put to her music. It would consist of retro like costumes, sets, props, lighting, and use of multi-media, that would compliment all the songs chosen for the piece. Done correctly I think it will open new doors and broaden the art of contemporary ballet. Basically I wondered what other people thought of the idea especially her fans and if anyone else had addtional ideas or comments (hopefully positive)about the project, let me know.

amazing! i love that idea!... is there going to be a connecting theme from one song to another?

actually, its wierd but i had a dream that i went to see a ballet and "Hero of the Story" was in the ballet. it was cool. I think you should definatly go for it, and if you are trying to find a song about anything specific just ask around, regina has song about almost everything....( i think there are like 132 different regina songs available to the fans.) !!! wecome to the stix!!!!!1