Sign in to follow this  
BilboBaggins

Regina Spektor put to Ballet

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra Pound:

Yesterday I was at dance student teaching for some of the little ones and my teacher asked me about what type of solo I wanted to do and about songs and such. I told her that I wanted a lyrical solo and that I had a song that I really wanted to use and ran out to my car to get my copy of BTH and had her listen to "Apres Moi" and she loved it. So, I'm pretty much definently using it now. She asked me if I'd thought about costume yet and I said I was thinking just a short dress in either black or a dark red. She happened to have a short black dress that someone had paid for and never used and it fits me so now I don't have to pay for one.

Ahh. I'm so excited for this, it'll be amazing just because I can actually use excellent music. Big Grin

wow!!! i want to see this!

Big Grin

Bumping this thread to add this interesting find:

My roommate is obsessed with dance and spends her nights searching youtube for videos. I was downloading music like usual and I heard Ode to Divorce coming from her computer and said "Ode to Divorce!" She looked at me confused and I told her it was Regina Spektor. So she sent me the link. Very enjoyable watch, too!

quote:
Originally posted by kaysntees:

Bumping this thread to add this interesting find:

My roommate is obsessed with dance and spends her nights searching youtube for videos. I was downloading music like usual and I heard Ode to Divorce coming from her computer and said "Ode to Divorce!" She looked at me confused and I told her it was Regina Spektor. So she sent me the link. Very enjoyable watch, too!

wow, great find! i love it.

I thought it was cool she found this (well obviously she didn't do it on purpose...she "hates" Regina...her words not mine) considering there is no mention of the song or who sings it whatsoever!

I told her that'd be fixed once I posted the link on the stix haha!

quote:
Originally posted by greentea:

i've always imagined Us being played to fast-paced ballet dancing. i think it would be really nice Smiler

I've imagined that too! There really aren't too many Regina songs that would be great for dance, but I think Us is one of them.