Sign in to follow this  
BitsOfBone

Bargains!

This is kind of on the other side of what this topic is about, bargains...but at school they're selling Reese's peanut butter cups for $1 per pack. Which has 3 cups. And that's such a rip-off!!!

quote:
Originally posted by busology82:

Haha! I found the 1968 version o-f Romeo and Juliet for $7.00! Awesome movie. :]

I was in 8th grade when that movie came out. I went to see it at the Paris theatre in NY, where it had an exclusive engagement. I went with 5 girlfriends. By 3/4 of the way thru the movie, you could barely hear the soundtrack cause everyone was sobbing (not just my friends--the whole place). And I thought Juliet was the most beautiful girl I had ever seen....

I watched it again with my kids, and they loved it. Me, too. I think it is one of the best adaptations of Shakespeare to the screen. Totally accessible.

PS Sorry for going on so long off topic. In case of emergency, smile... Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by rosa_de_oro:

but at school they're selling Reese's peanut butter cups for $1 per pack. Which has 3 cups. And that's such a rip-off!!!

More the reason not to eat them. I know, they taste good. But you can save like 400 calories and 23 grams of fat in a 3-pack. Eeker

Plus you save a dollar, now that's a bargain.

What the hell am I talking about? I used to eat them too......sorry Frowner

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

quote:
Originally posted by rosa_de_oro:

but at school they're selling Reese's peanut butter cups for $1 per pack. Which has 3 cups. And that's such a rip-off!!!

More the reason not to eat them. I know, they taste good. But you can save like 400 calories and 23 grams of fat in a 3-pack. Eeker

Plus you save a dollar, now that's a bargain.

What the hell am I talking about? I used to eat them too......sorry Frowner

But it's true!! And to be specific, the school choir are selling them for a fundraiser, and I bought a few from my friend who is in choir to help out the cause, but I ended up giving most of them away because I get sick of the taste after 2 cups. Like, it's so sweet that it's salty, and heavy on the tongue. Ick.