Sign in to follow this  
cblue

C-Note 2003

quote:
Originally posted by squeakycleanK:

quote:
Originally posted by jonndailey:

Making Records blew my mind on this show.

I like this show especially because it takes me back to a time before the band. Regina and a piano. There is no complexity to the show at all. So simple, so beautiful. This is one of my favorite shows I've heard by her.

YES! I don't know why, but the song has literally JUST NOW stepped out for me. It's so brilliant! It seems like she has a few songs that sound like this, it's a certain way she plays it. For example, A Lesson on How Fleeting Preservation is. It's a different mood or something. i hope i'm not alone on this one.

I feel the same, like in my mind those songs are different from the others. Don't know how...

Like the atmosphere of those stories are different.

I'm not making any sense...

Also how cool is Your Honor without the band?

quote:
Originally posted by ain't no cover:

quote:
Originally posted by squeakycleanK:

quote:
Originally posted by jonndailey:

Making Records blew my mind on this show.

I like this show especially because it takes me back to a time before the band. Regina and a piano. There is no complexity to the show at all. So simple, so beautiful. This is one of my favorite shows I've heard by her.

YES! I don't know why, but the song has literally JUST NOW stepped out for me. It's so brilliant! It seems like she has a few songs that sound like this, it's a certain way she plays it. For example, A Lesson on How Fleeting Preservation is. It's a different mood or something. i hope i'm not alone on this one.

I feel the same, like in my mind those songs are different from the others. Don't know how...

Like the atmosphere of those stories are different.

I'm not making any sense...

Also how cool is Your Honor without the band?

yeahhhh! i'm glad you're with me on this one, because i was trying to find the right words to explain myself.

and yeah, your honor was pretty crazy. At first I was like wait, she can't do this without the band, it's not the same! BUT i like how rockstar it still sounded.

Hi Lost! NOT from the board. I was positioned about 10 feet to her left, with a minidisc mic and minidisc recorder....this was totally open air. C-Note was a small room...about 75 capacity...a few times you can hear a door open and close...the restrooms were in the vinicity....within 10 feet of her.

If you see the C Note website and check out the pic.... http://www.thecnote.com/ she would be just to the left of the snare drum in back..a few feet in front of there.

quote:
Originally posted by cblue456:

Hi Lost! NOT from the board. I was positioned about 10 feet to her left, with a minidisc mic and minidisc recorder....this was totally open air. C-Note was a small room...about 75 capacity...a few times you can hear a door open and close...the restrooms were in the vinicity....within 10 feet of her.

If you see the C Note website and check out the pic.... http://www.thecnote.com/ she would be just to the left of the snare drum in back..a few feet in front of there.

Thanks for info. The mp3's actually sound pretty good!

So cool. So so cool.

And I actually think I had a couple of these recordings already. I stumbled upon a file that had 150 odd live recordings from 2002-2005. So to the great respektonline people out there I may have some new material for yas. But I dont know there seems to be a hell of alot of live stuff on your site and would take a while to see whether or not youve already got the recordings. I havn't even gone through them yet. But I didn't see any at the knitting Factory or Barbes Jazz Club on your site so there should be a couple new ones.

Ya see this is what I mean its gonna take a while to actually see if anything is new Confused

You gave me that file before (thanks again) but its different, that file only has 105 recordings whereas this other one I have has over 150 live recordings.

EDITAMO:

Well after all that I went through and spent a while cross referencing everything and I think only 2 recordings are not in that file or on respektonline. *sigh*. Well beats revision anyway.

One is, 'Better' from 2003 at The C-Note

The other is, 'Uh-merica' from 2003 at Sin-e

ty cblue456 for sharing and guys for cleaning it !!! (i haven't read the whole thread yet, only the 2 last pages and the beginning of it)

I haven't listened to the gig yet, but this setlist is amazing. Hum ... Smiler