Sign in to follow this  
i like wonder bread

Explain Your Name Here!!

quote:
Originally posted by PerksOfAWallflower:

quote:
Originally posted by kali mac:

I went through a long period where I wanted to have an internet alias. I tried lots of different names starting with K (my real name is Kate) including kali, which, in retrospect, was a stupid decision.

that is too freaky! i did the same thing. i hate the name jessica, and wanted more of a cool name for an alias so no one would stalk me hehe (like anyone would stalk me.. im a black belt Smiler ) but so i came up with Frannie J. dont ask me why..i just wanted that name haha. and to this day my personal myspace is frannie j. hahaha. anyways, that is funny. then i gave up.... hehe. too complicted to have an alias.

and also youre going to think im a freak for mentioning this.. but i was watching your youtube the other day.. your cute interviews.. and thought it very wierd.....my moms name is Elaine too! ive never known any other Elaine other than my mother. maybe its a more popular name in canada? i just thought that was kind of funny. AND i have a little brother that plays the drums.. also wierd.

Hehe I used to hatemy name (Rebecca) so obviously shortened it to Becci and scorned anyone who a)called me rebecca or b)spelt it in the orthodox way.

So when it came to recreating my myspace (which i no longer have) I came up with the alias Jaime-Leyna. I have always liked boys names for girls and I thought jaime was the most elegant. I also love double-barrelled names so I searched forever to find one that went with Jaime and just rolled off the tongue. Thus, Jaime-Leyna was born.

This ultimately turned into a personality, Jaime-Leyna represented the person I was striving to be, you know the well cultured, intelligent, beautiful person that I feel I'm not. Which was a really nice thing to hold on to.

Turns out I would be mocked in a couple of years by my current boyfriend for having an alias.

How the tables turn.

I will always have a soft spot for her though.

quote:
Originally posted by Language of Flowers:

I have always liked boys names for girls and I thought jaime was the most elegant.

My name is actually Jamie. Although, not spelled your way, it is now strangely comforting to me that internet people, mail people, or anyone who doesn't know me won't know if I'm a girl or guy. Of course, you all know I'm a girl though!

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

quote:

I have always liked boys names for girls and I thought jaime was the most elegant.

My name is actually Jamie. Although, not spelled your way, it is now strangely comforting to me that internet people, mail people, or anyone who doesn't know me won't know if I'm a girl or guy. Of course, you all know I'm a girl though!

In which case, my daughter, if and when she appears, will be named after you Smiler

quote:

You're the most beautiful sore thumb I've ever seen.

I wasn't sure if this was your signature or a proclamation of love for dentistgirl.. I figured it out though Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by Em Mitchell:

quote:

I wasn't sure if this was your signature or a proclamation of love for dentistgirl.. I figured it out though Big Grin

It's a signiture inspired by my love for dentistgirl Big Grin

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by Em Mitchell:

quote:

It's a signiture inspired by my love for dentistgirl Big Grin

what the hell this forum doesnt do bogstandard html underlining? Budget..?

A good friend of mine lent me a cd "Go Johnny Go Go Go Records Favourites No1" (basically a compliation - mainly punk) and there are a few that stood out for me. One of these was a song called "It's not you" by a band called The Language of Flowers.

And I thought to myself: This is the best band name I have heard in a long while.

PS: download the track, it's lovely Smiler