Sign in to follow this  
i like wonder bread

Explain Your Name Here!!

quote:
Originally posted by rawin:

quote:
I read it more as a royal we.

I was thinking more along the lines of Gollum... "we're trying to get pregnant, aren't we precious...!?!?"

Hahahaha. Genius.

Also Violet reminds me of The Incredibles, so I heartily agree with it Smiler

My first and middle names are both Hebrew words, if you translated them both one might say my name meant "Song in the Night" or even, "lullaby"

(Shira= Song, Leila= Night)

Although, I'm not sure about Shira as I've heard several possible meanings. Song, singing, poetry.

Eitan, a guy from Israel I know, when he first met me decided to refer to me as "poetry" instead, so I gather it's a common translation.

I'm really just writing all this to debunk the whole "named after a cartoon character" thing... there are valid reasons why mine and my brother's names are what they are! And it's not because my parents were big fans of Masters Of The Universe!

Giving your child a name that just happens to correspond with a superhero = good idea. Naming your child AFTER a superhero= Not so good an idea.

Mumrik is an abbreviation of Snusmumriken which is Swedish and means Snufkin. I don't know, if anyone of you has ever heard of the Moomins. If not, then you won't get it Big Grin

Wah, a Finnish person? Why haven't I noticed you before? (Guess it's because I've been a bad and lazy stixer lately.) Most warmly welcome to the Stix! I started writing this post by explaining how the Moomins are such a big deal in Finland, but then I checked your location... Big Grin Silly me. Nuuskamuikkunen (/Snusmumriken/Snufkin) is one of my favoite fictional characters of all times. <3