Sign in to follow this  
i like wonder bread

Explain Your Name Here!!

quote:
Originally posted by Rawin:

um... let's see, my parents were probably stoned, and said to each other,

"Let's take our names, Raquel and Edwin, and merge them together and make up the name "Rawin" so that he'll go through life having to constantly repeat to people how to pronounce it... and when he's in his twenties, he'll google the name and realize that it's some sort of weather device..."

Is it pronounced with a long or short a?

yeah, i definitely relate ro regina's songs. i can't think of any right now (haha im really tired) but im sure i'll come up with something later.

anyways, i love your name. and the song it's from.

Wellp, I'm canadian and I had only one username for everything before that I signed up with. Until I decided to think "outside the box" and sign up for livejournal and myspace (ha, myspace...does anyone login anymore?)

anyways, yeah, if you find a luvthecanadian on any kind of a profiley site, it's 100% me. . And I'm kinda a sucker for profiley sites. Like this one.

Basically it's luvthecanadian cause I'm lazy and don't like remembering 20 different usernames

Smiler

W007.

Hey everyone,

since this is probably the best thread for a first post:

my name is german and means "breakfast". Regina said she´d love the word frühstück, when i´ve seen her live and she pronounced it so cute. I´ve been listening to Regina for a while and also have been lurking here, then decided to join, because i wanted to quit the lurking and quit being shy. (sorry for my english)

I actually should probably change my name here. It is a name I used YEARS ago on Tori Amos forums and it refers to the philosophical sf writer Philip K. Dick. When I first joined this forum, I just resurrected my old "tori forumz" name, even though it really seems irrelevant.

In all other forums I either join in some version of my own name or as "morricone1900", which is a reference to the Italian film composer Ennio Morricone and one of his finest scores, for Bernardo Bertolucci's 1900 (known as "Nove Cento" in Italian).

All this discussion of people's usernames may just motivate me to change my name here now. Hmm....should I just go to morricone1900 or should I come up with a completely different, random, Regina-based name? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....

I mean, the other reason why I should retire the PKD-based name for good is....it sounds vaguely sketchy, doesn't it? I mean, if a person doesn't know that it stands for an author's initials, it just seems, um....can't think of an adjective.....

Incidentally the capital N at the end of it was a typo when I joined the Tori Forums, so I deliberately typed it that way too when I joined here. Roll Eyes

You know, I must have thought I'd run into some of the same people here -- but I've since learned that Regina people are for the most part completely different-types of people than Tori people, generally speaking. You're all much more laidback and not as "dark" personalities! Wink