Sign in to follow this  
BitsOfBone

Recommend a book here...

Empress of the World by Sara Ryan is pretty much my favorite book ever - followed closely by Hard Love by Ellen Wittlinger. Both were a great comfort to me when I came out as bisexual earlier this year. So well-written and real. Each and every character is perfectly crafted.

quote:
Originally posted by busology82:

For summer reading I did: The Bean Trees by Barbara Kingsolver.

i read the bean trees! it was pretty good, but sometimes a little funny. like ODing on baby asprin... but considering the situation it wasnt too hard to understand. anyways... good book.

well of course i recommend THE PERKS OF BEING A WALLFLOWER by stephen chbosky.... such a great book, and completely unisex so guys dont be afraid to read it.. George read it and loved it, and so did his daughter so... there you go. two smart people who also love it.

right now im reading master and margarita by Mikhail bulgakov, and tarantula by bob dylan.

*i love to read, and have a completely mapped out year for reading..hehe. next im having a second hemmingay marathon, reading hills like white elephants, and a farewell to arms. and then probly the stranger by albert camus . so.. im so excited!!!!!

I just read The Old Man and The Sea and I loved it. I want to read a Farewell To Arms but I really want to re-read the bean trees first. And The Perks Of Being A Wallflower is a really good book, I read it in eight grade and I lent it to my English teacher and she never gave it back. :[

busology----everyone who i talk to hated 'old man and the sea', but i loved it, i didnt think it was that boring..unlike 'the sun also rises', not one of my favourite hemmingways.

also recommend any f.scott. fitzgerald.... 'the great gatsby' is frikin amazing, and also 'this side of paradise' is good too.

two other great books that you will probably read in school, are 'the catcher in the rye' (j.d.salinger) and 'to kill a mockingbird' (harper lee)

also for girls one of my faourite authors is Fracesca Lia Block, her writting is really interestting almost regina-ish, kind of strange. i love "the hanged man" and "the rose and the beast" such great books.

*i have so many book recommendations it is not even funny.. i could write a whole three pages full of books i love. Smiler there will be more to come.

quote:
Originally posted by PerksOfAWallflower:

*i love to read, and have a completely mapped out year for reading..hehe. next im having a second hemmingay marathon, reading hills like white elephants, and a farewell to arms. and then probly the stranger by albert camus . so.. im so excited!!!!!

The Stranger's really good, you'll probably like it :]

A couple of books I read this summer were really good... let's see, I read Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes (the novel, not the short story), The Kitchen God's Wife by Amy Tan, The Awakening by Kate Chopin, The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath, and a bunch of biographies. imma biography dork Smiler

I also read Brave New World. It's quickly becoming a favorite. Has anyone ever read it?

quote:
Originally posted by Brenna:

The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath

this is one of my favourite books. i did my final research project about it junior year. i love that book! nice one brenna!

lets see. when i was a younger what i really loved was patricia reilly giff. two of my favourite books when i was 12 were "pictures of hollis woods" and "lilys crossing" i know we ocasionally have about 13 or 14 years olds on brumstixs. and i bet hollis wood would even be good for adults to read.