Sign in to follow this  
BitsOfBone

Recommend a book here...

quote:
Originally posted by I want to singg =):

I LOVED the ahborsten trilogy by Garth Nix.

I enjoyed that when I was a bit younger. I'm a bit of a fantasy geek, really. (Haha, "a bit").

I really like Trudi Canavan, and recently I read the new one from Mark Haddon. That was good.

an enormous yay! for the perks of being a wallflower

and aside from it's awesomeness, it introduced me to my favourite band haha, and that makes it even better!

anddd, i can't believe i didn't recommend my favourite book, Diary Of Anne Frank. if you haven't read it, which a lot of you have i'm sure, you reallyreallyreally should haha she is beyond completely amazing.

1.Towns Without Rivers by Michael Parker

I read it right after I got into Regina and the main characters name is Reka Speight. It's KIND of like Regina Spektor, right? I thought it was cool, anyways.

You know how you put a face on a character in your mind? Well, Regina was Reka in the book for me. It was really cool, actually.

quote:
Originally posted by PerksOfAWallflower:

quote:
Originally posted by busology82:

This year I'm pretty sure I will read The Stranger but I need to check with my English teacher, but I remember that it was one of the world lit. books.

really? i thought that the stranger was pretty school inappropriate.. maybe i was wrong.

also... i dont usually read stephen king, but i LOVE "dolores claiborne" it was so dark, and it was so wierd, that when i finnished this book, there was this really funny feeling that it created, and the only other time i feel this is when i listen to 'blue lips'. i know that sounds weird but its unexplainable.. this feeling of like, grief and sorrow, but like this is better than it couldve been... pretty much "oh god, this is all there is"... i reccomend it. definatly!

No, it probably is inappropriate for school but I really don't think that she cares. :]

quote:

quote:
Originally posted by PerksOfAWallflower:

quote:

This year I'm pretty sure I will read The Stranger but I need to check with my English teacher, but I remember that it was one of the world lit. books.

really? i thought that the stranger was pretty school inappropriate.. maybe i was wrong.

also... i dont usually read stephen king, but i LOVE "dolores claiborne" it was so dark, and it was so wierd, that when i finnished this book, there was this really funny feeling that it created, and the only other time i feel this is when i listen to 'blue lips'. i know that sounds weird but its unexplainable.. this feeling of like, grief and sorrow, but like this is better than it couldve been... pretty much "oh god, this is all there is"... i reccomend it. definatly!

No, it probably is inappropriate for school but I really don't think that she cares. :]

i wish my teacher was like that... god she wouldn't even let us read TO KILL A FREAKING MOCKINGBIRD because it says the n-word. !!!!!!

i was so pissed off