Sign in to follow this  
BitsOfBone

Recommend a book here...

ahh i would just like to express my love for this thread. i needed some books to read and i remembered this thread and wrote down a list of awesome books. this thread reminded me of books i want to re-read and books i keep meaning to read but forget. so thank you all for your lovely suggestions Smiler

cool! I like this topic.

at the moment, I'm reading 'hard boiled wonderland and the end of the world' by haruki murakmi. I'm getting into it, but it's reminding me a bit of the matrix which, isn't so good.

I just finished a load of great books - in cold blood by truman capote, the big sleep by raymond chandler, persepolis by marjane satrapi, introducing stephen hawking by j.p. mcevoy (trying to branch out). this year is going very well book-wise.

Like Russian people? Have a short attention span? Like things that are good? The Nose by Nikolai Gogol is a very good short story that you should read. It also happens to be on my english exam in just under 8 hours. What the hell am i doing awake?

sorry if this has already been suggested, but my all-time favorite book is Ender's Game. granted, when i first finished it, i was emotionally numb for days on end, but after reading it the second time, (knowing how it ended) i could love it for the excellent work of lit. that it is! Big Grin i mean, it really evokes some strong emotion, and i'm sure it wouldn't be wasted on die-hard regina fans, because you people know how to apprectiate heartfelt art! *end flattery*

or you could read Ender's Shadow. Same story, different hero.

either way, Ender's universe rocks even harder than Twilight's. and that's saying something. it's sci-fi, though, and i'm just shy of nerd enough to make an Ender poster for my room. So twilight it is Wink

I'm currently reading Miss Spektor's favourite book; "The Master and Margarita".

I am quite liking it too. I found that it was one of those books that take a little time to get used to; but when you have, you cannot stop reading it!

quote:
Originally posted by SocksOnRight:

I'm currently reading Miss Spektor's favourite book; "The Master and Margarita".

I am quite liking it too. I found that it was one of those books that take a little time to get used to; but when you have, you cannot stop reading it!

It's very difficult to get into but once you're in it's amazing. Enjoy

Still reading 1984...