Brenna!

say something nice...

I agree with Barth! Great post for sure! Lennonist, it was super nice of you to say such nice things! I've been having a pretty lame month but this brought a smile to my face! Reasons like this is why I love this forum so much!

Aw, lennonist! That was so thoughtful and heartwarming! Smiler I know I don't post a lot anymore, but I still visit occasionally and read your posts, which I find entertaining and well thought-out.

quote:
Originally posted by lennonist:

thefinalfling is a cool guy from Scotland. And he likes Doctor Who. Bonus cool points.

Bonus cool points gratefully accepted. Cool is not something you often hear said about Doctor Who fans.

I'm guilty of lurking here and not posting much - many reasons, but mainly being busy (OK, laziness!)

I've never met anyone on here personally but I must agree everyone on here seems so friendly. But the overwhelming impression I get is that everyone here has an obsession (with Regina Spektor obviously). Some people will think it is weird to have an obsession, but it's one of the things I love about myself. I'm lucky enough to have two, both musical. I'm one of the 'oldies' here so I started listening to music in the early 80s, which was a great time for local music in Scotland (cold wet place in the UK, nothing like Braveheart - we only wear kilts to get married and we don't paint saltires on our faces; well sometimes when we go to Scotland football matches). Anyway I am digressing, Scottish Music in the 80s, great. I got into a band called Big Country - rock with a Scottish folk influence. They became my obsession and a huge part of my life. Regina comes close, but not quite. My user name - thefinalfling comes form the name given to Big Country's final concert, which was held in my home city. My real name is Kenny, which is fairly popular in Scotland for two reasons - our greatest ever footballer was Kenny Dalglish and the first king of Scotland was Kenneth (which is my real, real name).

So on to the original purpose of this thread, to say something nice. Well I've talked about the obsession thing and when I first started lurking here there were two people - Brady and Anthony - who got a bit of a hard time for some of the stuff they said on here. Maybe it was a bit much for some (we are all different) but to me it was just their way of sharing their joy of discovering Regina and her music. I wasn't registered at the time so couldn't put my tuppence worth in - sorry guys! Plus Anthony is an oldie like me (older I suspect, no offence intended Smiler) Another oldie who made me feel welcome in my early days here (don't worry you all did) was Little Voice, but I've not seen his name around for a while. And then there is Cynthia, who has the world's best taste in music Smiler . And lennonist obviously for calling me cool Smiler

I hope this goes some way to making up for my lurking and laziness, this is such a nice place with even nicer people.

So for all you beautiful people on here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lgC8w_wB94

Holy crap, lennonist! How did you DO that man?

Everyone everywhere is blushing thanks to you.

Thefinalfling, I have to admit I don't really know much about you. I'm only intermitantly active on here these days, and you claim to have not posted very often. You seem genuine and very nice, I'm sure you make a great friend to many people. Obviously, since you're part of this community, you must be a wonderful person.

Wow, thanks so much lennonist! Smiler Your post definitely made my day.

the monster in your closet: I don't think we've met before, but judging from your posts you seem like a pretty cool person. I'm constantly amazed at how friendly and caring everyone on this forum is. Brumstix is surely one of the best places on the internet.

Holy hell Lennonist you may be my new hero. And I'm still very embarrassed regarding my lack of movie quote knowledge.....ha.

Emmaline, I don't know you, but your mere presence on this forum tells me that you're obviously an awesome person. Merry Christmas/other holidays!

Pavlov's Truck must be an awesome person because he lives in Ireland and things in/from Ireland are awesome. Ireland is awesome. Also, studying English literature must be one of the coolest things to study. I hope you're enjoying the Stix!

lennonist is one of the nicest people I have ever come across online or off and I'm not going to smack him for misspelling my name. He is smart, empathetic, caring person who really thinks and expresses his thoughts so well. He seems to put time and effort in writing his posts, which is great. I would like to have more people like him in my life.

(Seriously, lennonist, a huge big thanks for doing this! You play a huge part in keeping this forum active and I appreciate that a lot. I also appreciate the things you said about me. It made me smile and feel good about myself.)

Soooo, Emelie is a beautiful and extreeeemmeeeelllyyyy talented human being. She has a kickass singing voice/songwriting skills, and I have had some very engaging conversations with her about Regina and music in general. She is so super sweet and kind. Everyone should love her. I do!

And thanks lennonist. My username actually has little to do with my cleanliness, go figure! Razzer