Sign in to follow this  
BitsOfBone

A lesson in Regina

You know what, I've learnt more about literature from listening to Regina than I ever did in school.

I usually find myself most evenings on Wikipedia reading about some poet from 19th Century... Am I losing my mind, or acctually filling it with something useful!? Big Grin

You know what, I've learnt more about literature from listening to Regina than I ever did in school.

I usually find myself most evenings on Wikipedia reading about some poet from 19th Century... Am I losing my mind, or acctually filling it with something useful!? Big Grin

quote:
Originally posted by bitsofbone:

No doubt...you are bettering yourself. So keep that iBrain shuffling!

i know.. i actually was reading le petit prince when i first found regina spektor, and found baobabs. and later in school that year i read the great gatsby. regina brought me to read ethan frome...great book, and also i read some hemmingway because of her, and now im reading master and margarita (trying to, its fucking nutty! haha) and anyways. i really feel quite a lot smarter because of it. so i think regina is amazing in that respekt, making learning fun and all that shit. ive always like to read, but i really really want to read a book when i know regina liked it. that probly makes me really wierd, or really stalkerish lol. oh well. im a smart stalker i guess, haha. jk

If that makes you a stalker then I guess I'm a stalker too. Haha. I do the same things...listening to Regina is how I pick which books to read whenever I actually have a choice at school. Speaking of, I think Regina mentioned Virginia Woolf in one song. Was it Paris?

I saw that the play Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf was on the list of AP English books that my teacher wants us to read to prepare for next year and I spazzed out.