Sign in to follow this  
BitsOfBone

A lesson in Regina

Just today my step-mom was doing a crossword puzzle and there was this one clue she was having a little bit of trouble with.. It was "Poet Pound". I knew it was Ezra right away, and only because of Regina. I was ridiculously proud of myself for knowing it though. lol.

I've read The Little Prince because of her, and I have more of an interest in certain authors and books she mentions. I also kinda want to learn Russian now, and read Russian literature. I think it's definitely useful stuff..and not just for crossword puzzles. Wink

quote:
Originally posted by bum bum bum:

I also kinda want to learn Russian now, and read Russian literature.

same here.. but.. it seems like the hardest language on earth to learn! i swear! i might have to stick with lanugages with letters that are recognizable.. portugese, spanish, french, italian.. i have a very close friend who is learning japanese, and that would just be a whole 'nother level of hard for me..not latin based lol. i can see it now.. trying to write russian. " the thing that looks like a B, backwards N, the little r, a 3, um.. and an 0 with a line through it.."... i would be so dumb! french is hard enough.

Learn Greek... It's quite easy and it's a little bit similar to Russian (says my Dad anyway - He did a year of Russian in college).

I might see if he has some books left over from then... But as Perk said French and European lanuguages are hard enough.

I am desperate to speak French, I only know the basics from school, and last night I was walking around the house repeating "Jardin des Champs-Elysées"... (my brain is a mystery even to myself)

It does seem hard. Greek would probably be good for me to learn. My bosses are Greek and they go off in it all the time. Even though I kinda get the gist of what they're talking about sometimes.. I don't really know what they're saying. Russian is still one of the languages I would like to try to learn anyway.

I wish I could speak Russian. My grandpa was Russian and he didn't speak any English until he was 10. When I was little he tried to teach me, but he died when I was 8 so I don't really remember very much at all.

I'm taking Spanish ( I go to a very, very small school and so we don't have a choice) and I walk around and repeat stuff too and tell my friends that a certain object is this in Spanish and stuff but then in class I never answer her in Spanish. I love languages.

quote:
Originally posted by PerksOfAWallflower:

same here.. but.. it seems like the hardest language on earth to learn! i swear! i might have to stick with lanugages with letters that are recognizable.. portugese, spanish, french, italian.. i have a very close friend who is learning japanese, and that would just be a whole 'nother level of hard for me..not latin based lol. i can see it now.. trying to write russian. " the thing that looks like a B, backwards N, the little r, a 3, um.. and an 0 with a line through it.."... i would be so dumb! french is hard enough.

This is what's so wrong with the way they teach languages. At least here in the US anyway. They start us way too late and concentrate on grammar instead of usage. That's what I find intriguing about this Rosetta Stone method.

I took 6 years of Spanish and all I can ask you is, Que hora es? Oh and I can conjugate the crap out of verbs. That's if I can remember any verbs......I hope they use different methods in other parts of the world.