Climbing you up up up! Conquer your rule

Lodges and forests have drowned in you drool

But from atop you the world seems new

The beauty of Sicily, gorgeous and true

Sailing to a foreign place

Floating waters touched by grace

Sicilia, you beckon me

Sing me a song and I’ll follow along

Droplets (this happened when I was trying to write poetry...)

Droplets on the paper

Droplets on my skin

Droplets in the evening

Droplets make me sing

Drip drop drip drop drip drop drip

The graphite is smearing!

Ahh! I can't write!

Oh, hell, I'm gonna go inside...

Greasy America (My thoughts on the American food industry)

Fucking cheese dogs –

They taste so good

But how will we eat them when the greasy mothers

Take us in for cardiac arrest.

Slathered Mayonnaise –

Oh, what a pickle

They pick us up, throw us down,

And stomp on our arteries

Dirty, Dirty French fries –

The mother of all garbage

Fry ‘em in grease, soak ‘em in formaldehyde

Won’t go bad for years

Burger Burger slimy meat

Your patties are ground from exploited cow

Take those dirty bovine innards out for a stroll

And find your innards mumbling and bumbling

Ronald McDonald

You wily finch, you

Pull the kids into that obese burger belly

With your corporate clown tights

Oh America –

So busy, so free

But oh the crap of that greedy Corporate Interest

The very junk that pleases us will be each of our tickets

To catch the a-train to Neverneverland

So those are just some poems of mine. Not as good as yours, perhaps, but I try. Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by Yablonya:

But why is it called phone books, I'm curious?

well. sometimes i dont really know what my songs and poem are about, but i named it phonebooks because of the first line.

"stood firm on just toes to extinguish the light" i am really short and have to stand on things to change lightbulbs, so i tied it in with the last line "but i'm lucky my feet adjust themselves on their own." because in my mind i just have this picture of me standing on my tippy toes on a phonebook trying to reach a lightbulb. and also the growing line ties into that whole short thing.

and alot of times i like to play around with spelling so there is a purposful mistake in there. "and it stained each your eyes 'til the morning was shone" it should be shown, but i wanted to give the effect of a ray of light shining. so i conjugated it as if it was a singular ray of light.

anyways.. thanks.. i have another poem that i like alot, and hope you dont mind if i share it.

(i almost always put some word play into my poems. i guess i read too much e.e. cummings Smiler )

mosey *

i don't know why i thought that i could

hold on with my teeth

there's your life after

and your life before

de-shoveled

masspronounced

solid and soiled and sprouting

re.plant.ed

if only to give

motion to the movelessly immortal

it will die and detoxify

oh, tommorrow you will see

that your life only began

after meeting me

you gave your coldness to my city

taken it upon yourself

to hold me close

spread your growth

my beating has faded

my flourish has spaded

if forever counts tommorow

than we still have today______

theres no particular rhyme scheme like my last. but oh well.

CCben- i really like droplets actually!!! and yea.. your last poem i why im a vegetarian. i am really picky actually i cant eat anything that doesnt look appealing. ive never had chili in my life (and i live in cincinnati) just because when you put it in the fridge it gathers the orange grease on top. and mayo looks like a they filled a glass bottle with fat from a plastic surgons garbage can. ewww.

Yab- GREAT. almost very line reminds me of a different reg song. it is very neat!

quote:
Originally posted by PerksOfAWallflower:

when you put it in the fridge it gathers the orange grease on top. and mayo looks like a they filled a glass bottle with fat from a plastic surgons garbage can. ewww.

Haha, now THAT's some good imagery for a poem. Smiler

wow, this is my 100th post! Finally hit the triple digits...

haha... i know right? food can be so delicious or make you looe your appetite just looking at it. ick.... i am such a picky eater because i cant stand to think that all that nasty shit goes into my body. a word to the wise.. dont eat cotton candy blizzard from dairy queen, and anything with coco fudge isnt very appealing either, when you open the can there is about four inches of oil on the top of it. it is the most disgusting thing ever. Eeker

congrats on your 100th post. i must have no life at all, im over 1500. yea thats really sad, but mostly due to name that reg tune. so.. what can you do?

quote:
Originally posted by PerksOfAWallflower:

that was GREAT wonderbread!!!!!!!! i especially loved the "your songs make me warm in a world so cold" its so true... mad props! and snaps galore!!

haha! my fourht grade teacher made us snap instead of clap! it was always funny because the new kid would clap and everyone would stare!

Hope it isn't too awful...

Somedays I never leave my house and other days I never want to go back, I can’t tell you the difference, it’s not as simple and white and black. My world is a strange place filled with strange people and strange feelings, feelings that make me do strange things I can’t explain.

I’ve read every word in this book of matches and when I light every cigarette, I have no regret for the destruction I inflict on myself. I’ve forgotten so many nights without even trying, and with each lost memory my fear is multiplying. I always wonder what I’ll lose next.

All my friends are fables sitting around empty kitchen tables and all I want is for someone to pass the salt. The stories are stuck on repeat and the ink well has run dry, the laughs are the same and it makes me want to cry. The rain fills my sky in a way that seems so soothing, like it’s washing away the world

quote:
Originally posted by The Catcher in the Rye:

Hope it isn't too awful...

Somedays I never leave my house and other days I never want to go back, I can’t tell you the difference, it’s not as simple and white and black. My world is a strange place filled with strange people and strange feelings, feelings that make me do strange things I can’t explain.

I’ve read every word in this book of matches and when I light every cigarette, I have no regret for the destruction I inflict on myself. I’ve forgotten so many nights without even trying, and with each lost memory my fear is multiplying. I always wonder what I’ll lose next.

All my friends are fables sitting around empty kitchen tables and all I want is for someone to pass the salt. The stories are stuck on repeat and the ink well has run dry, the laughs are the same and it makes me want to cry. The rain fills my sky in a way that seems so soothing, like it’s washing away the world

Not awful at all! I loved the part about passing the salt. And the whole thing reminds me of some dreary days I have had. It sounds like you are getting some strong emotions down on paper (or should I say digital paper).