Sign in to follow this  
Wetleg

Liverpool Academy 4th Sept 2007

The pics, the easiest thing to do would be upload them to a www.flickr.com account. It's free. Then you can either provide the link to your album or you can actually place images in a post here by grabbing the link from flickr and using the Display Image button on the post screen.

The .mov files you can upload to youTube or preferably to respektonline.com If you'd like to do that just send an e-mail with the file(s) to respektonline [at] gmail [dot] com

Thanks again!

quote:
Originally posted by johny:

No problem andreseng. I enjoyed writing down what happened. The pictures are jpeg and the vids 'VLC media file(.mov)'

Nice review Johny! You'd be best putting all the videos/photos into a zip folder (right click desktop>new>zip folder) and then uploading it at www.megaupload.com , it's very easy to do. Otherwise it might take a long time to upload each individual video in an email and youtube loses a lot of quality.

I was stood very close to where you were i think and enjoyed it so much. It really is more fun when you have a good view. I also took a few photos (and an audio recording!) so i'll try and get that up soon but it may take a week as i'm quite busy atm, with moving soon. From your word for word recollection, i'd thought maybe you'd recorded it yourself! I seem to remember after the girl said 'I want your babies!', Regina said 'That's a scary thought!', though. The 'sweaty and confused' comment made me laugh though, it was incredibly hot in there and the girl in front of me didn't help by leaning on the barrier and practically pushing me off the little metal bit on the floor in the first two rows.

But yeah, much fun was had, and i finally met her afterwards thanks to a missed train. I've been trying to meet her since 2005 so it was really cool when it happened, she's very nice, i just wish my mind hadn't gone a bit blank. I asked her about Jenny Owen Youngs 'Voice on Tape' but she said it was a secret Razzer . As to the set, i especially enjoyed it because i haven't been keeping up with all the latest songs from shows so Blue Lips was new to me (and i have to say an instant classic). She played another i didn't recognise either, it's been a while since i've seen her sing a song i didn't know so it was really cool. The 9 hour trip back was painful as i was so tired but it was completely worth it and i'm so glad i went. Thanks to the Devon girls for keeping me company as well! I found the actual 24h café, it was a fair bit nicer than that kebab place, video game machines and everything! Oh well.

we were right at the front against the barrier. I was nearly in tears when regina fist started to sing :]

and we were so into her performance that we forgot about picture taking haha but here's the one we got, right at the start wen she sang It ain't no cover.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=54djsp1

by the way, just adding to what johny said, she played Real Love in the encore too, which made me smile like a goon :]

oh gosh. i completely forgot to mention that we were within about 3 metres of meeting her at about 4pm outside the academy when she arrived in her little black jeep! there was two lucky people standing outside who got a picture. but when we realised it was her from the end of the street it was too late and we were soo close but she just said "bye" and vanished Frowner

wow that sounds magical!!!!!!! i cant wait untill it's my turn to see regina.

Senza- wow. i would give anything to hear blue lips live for the first time. that i have to say is my favourite song right now and i pray that she plays it in cincy!!!!! just a question about your name.... it isnt a camille referance is it? i know he has a cool song called senza, just wonderin.

thanks to everyone for sharing their thoughts on Regina's concert. It really takes me back to the two shows I saw in July!!

I'm really looking forward to reading more reviews in the next couple of months.

and it's good to see more new members joining the forum!!

OMG! Sorry I forgot she also played Real Love and One More Time With Feeling (I've edited my reveiw to include them). They were actually 2 of my favorite. Thanks for the nice comments and advice on how to upload to pics and vids. That would be brill if you could upload the audio recording Senza (in your own time). Where did you meet Regina Senza? I had to go strait after this show, but it would be good to know for the next time.

I saw Regina in Birmingham yesterday, and she was wonderful, but nothing can top the small gigs I saw her play last year. So intimate and the small crowd hanging on her every breath - so special!

Just one thing that bothers me, why do people pay nearly 20 pounds a ticket just to talk through the entire set?!?! It was a big problem last night, with loads of people nattering away.

If you were one of them, which I don't expect you were if you're on here, you really spoiled it for a lot of people! Keep your cakehole shut! Alright!? MadWink