Sign in to follow this  
andreseng

Master & Margarita

I meant to put this up a few days ago. There's been quite a few of you who have said you are in the process of or getting ready to read Master & Margarita.

I found this site extremely helpful and particularly useful as many things can be lost in translation.

Check it out..... Cool

I meant to put this up a few days ago. There's been quite a few of you who have said you are in the process of or getting ready to read Master & Margarita.

I found this site extremely helpful and particularly useful as many things can be lost in translation.

Check it out..... Cool

I was in a local book shop this morning, looking for some backround reading on the Soviet Union (as i'm studying this in A-level history). I bought Animal Farm by George Orwell, the Trial by Kafka and a third book, that i heard of for the first time today. The author was Russian and the book was written during the days of the USSR. The book sounded interesting, and also relevant to what im studying.

Then just now im on my favorite (and only) internet forum, and i see a thread about the same book!!! I'm like wtf?! Why are 'quite a few' members of this group wanting to read the same book? I mean its hardly engrained in western popular culture (although the introduction said its quiet big in Russia). Therefore im guessing there is a link to Regina here (how perceptive of me lol Big Grin). So then, is there a link or any relevance to regina here?

ps. I know it was a long winded way of asking 'is there a link between Regina and Master and Margarita', but i just thought i'd share my story - it is a quiet a big coincidence

pps. perks, what i've read so far has been really really good, youl'l be pleased to know. Hope it arrives soon for you Smiler

Nice that Regina enjoys this book aswell. Its easy to imagine that she would like M&M, in all its quirky brilliance and with its countless metaphors and parables.

What a cool photo from blender magazine! The 'playing in a sandbox' comment is great.