Sign in to follow this  
andreseng

Master & Margarita

quote:
have either of you guys finished it yet?

Noway! I'm totally having a hard time reading for pleasure at the moment - I have a whopping great text book to get through for college.

I seem to be getting through a chapter a week, which is so lame... I'm gunna try and up my reading time.

You're right thought Perks, chapter two is just so weird after reading chapter one - V.interesting though.

no.. im so behind on it.. like amanda school has hit me so hard! (the reason im not on much anywmore) ive been trying to read a chapter a night, but it is SOOOOOOOOOOO good! so good so far. and its really really hard to follow, but good. it have fifty different names for one person and believe me exersizes the right to use them equally. it is tiring trying to keep up with who is doing what and who is talking to whom. crazyness, but really active plot! im actually on chapter 7. not very far. but i better hurry up because ive planned my reading list until the new year... after M&M, a farewell to arms, for whom the bell tolls, the stranger, and then on the road by jack kerouac.. i so excited to read it.

i recently read two short sotries/poems.... hills like white elephants, hemmingway, and daddy by sylvia plath... both great. i know this isnt the recommend thread but read them both you wont be disappointed!

When you guys are done with M&M, you should check out some other Russian lit. It's the best!!

Anything by Dostoyevsky, for example. You might think, looking at the books, that they are too long, but the writing is really compelling.

Also, Gogol. If you are short on time, try Gogol's The Nose. Or The Overcoat.

quote:
Originally posted by mooebon:

Anything by Dostoyevsky, for example. You might think, looking at the books, that they are too long, but the writing is really compelling.

I totally agree. I always think it will take me forever to read one of his books, but they're always so good that I end up reading them in no time at all.

quote:
Originally posted by mooebon:

When you guys are done with M&M, you should check out some other Russian lit. It's the best!!

Also, Gogol. If you are short on time, try Gogol's The Nose. Or The Overcoat.

I read Crime & Punishment over the summer.

Loved it!

I've got loads to read at the moment though, thanks to you guy filling up the "Reccomend a book..."thread.

I might add a few more books to my christmas wish list though.