Sign in to follow this  
andreseng

Damn, That startled me...

Recommended Posts

quote:
Originally posted by rosa_de_oro:

Ha, I just thought of another one. I was seriously startled the first time I ever heard Joanna Newsom's voice!!!! *shudder*

HAHAHAHHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA! wow. that had me on my ass too!

ye the first song i hear was peach plum pear and i said "MAKE IT STOP! MAKE THE PAIN IN MY EARS STOP!!!!!!!!!!" haha. i still dont like peach plum pear but i have to say im getting used to her voice. kind of like when you get in a really cold pool inch by inch. i cant listen to it for long but one of my best friends LOVES her. and so i let him try to turn me on to her music. but right now i can only tolerate sawdust and diamonds, and bridges and baloons, the book of right on,...really you have to give her mad props for the beautiful harp and awesome lyrics. her voice is really hard to get used to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

one for me was Brandi Carlile's The Story. 'cause you know, it's all normal and stuff, and all of a sudden she's screaming, "ALL OF THESE LINES!!!!!" The first time I heard it I was really taken off-guard and surprised.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by Brenna:

one for me was Brandi Carlile's The Story. 'cause you know, it's all normal and stuff, and all of a sudden she's screaming, "ALL OF THESE LINES!!!!!" The first time I heard it I was really taken off-guard and surprised.

I'm with you B. It almost turned me off. Thank God I gave her more of a chance. Now it sounds normal.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

andreseng, over the beginning of summer my father played that Pink Floyd album alll the time!

eek, there is this song by The Cure called Subway Song and Robert Smith is almost whispering during it all. and then at the end there is like a ten second pause and this massive noise comes that sounds like half of a high pitched shriek and a crash, haha.

the first time i heard it i was in my room with the volume near the top, i jumped like three feet off of my chair hahahaha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by folding chair:

andreseng, over the beginning of summer my father played that Pink Floyd album alll the time!

Obviously you must be highly intelligent, because I know he is!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by PerksOfAWallflower:

quote:
Originally posted by rosa_de_oro:

Ha, I just thought of another one. I was seriously startled the first time I ever heard Joanna Newsom's voice!!!! *shudder*

HAHAHAHHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA! wow. that had me on my ass too!

ye the first song i hear was peach plum pear and i said "MAKE IT STOP! MAKE THE PAIN IN MY EARS STOP!!!!!!!!!!" haha. i still dont like peach plum pear but i have to say im getting used to her voice. kind of like when you get in a really cold pool inch by inch. i cant listen to it for long but one of my best friends LOVES her. and so i let him try to turn me on to her music. but right now i can only tolerate sawdust and diamonds, and bridges and baloons, the book of right on,...really you have to give her mad props for the beautiful harp and awesome lyrics. her voice is really hard to get used to.

peach plum pear is accually my favorite from joanna newsom Smiler

the song that startled me when i first heard it was "les ex" by camille when i first heard it the volume was up pretty high and then all of the sudden i hear glass breaking and it just startled me but i love that song

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by ghost of corporate future:

quote:
Originally posted by PerksOfAWallflower:

quote:
Originally posted by rosa_de_oro:

Ha, I just thought of another one. I was seriously startled the first time I ever heard Joanna Newsom's voice!!!! *shudder*

HAHAHAHHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHA! wow. that had me on my ass too!

ye the first song i hear was peach plum pear and i said "MAKE IT STOP! MAKE THE PAIN IN MY EARS STOP!!!!!!!!!!" haha. i still dont like peach plum pear but i have to say im getting used to her voice. kind of like when you get in a really cold pool inch by inch. i cant listen to it for long but one of my best friends LOVES her. and so i let him try to turn me on to her music. but right now i can only tolerate sawdust and diamonds, and bridges and baloons, the book of right on,...really you have to give her mad props for the beautiful harp and awesome lyrics. her voice is really hard to get used to.

peach plum pear is accually my favorite from joanna newsom Smiler

the song that startled me when i first heard it was "les ex" by camille when i first heard it the volume was up pretty high and then all of the sudden i hear glass breaking and it just startled me but i love that song

haha. i have fallen in love with sawdust and diamonds... peach plum pear is growing on me but still not my favourite. i really like the book of right on Smiler and yea i know what you mean with camille's les ex...you know what else scared me of camilles..haha. pale septembre its all quite and sweet then towards the end it comes in SO loud.. AHHHEEEAHHHH....AHHEEEEAHHH. but ive learned to turn it down at that part now haha.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Most of the Arctic Monkeys songs from their new CD scare the crap out of me. I'm not a huge fan but I like a few songs so I have the entire CD on my comp. and my windows media player is always on shuffle so, i'll be sitting here, not paying attention and it will go from like Reg to crazy loud drumming and it always scares me so much and then I have to shut off the sound and let my ears recuperate..............Hmmm, what else..... Oh, Anti-pioneer by Feist, is a really nice song and the first time I heard it I was not paying enough attention and all of a sudden she has this crazy track overlay ting of her saying " all they do, oh oh oh.." Scary stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

it's more startling when you're not even the one listening to the music!

there's this one guy who sits across from me in homeroom and he always listens to pink floyd and hendrix and stuff... but he turns it up so loud and then he'll start air drumming right in your face... scares the crap out of me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this