Sign in to follow this  
andreseng

Damn, That startled me...

wow andreseng. way to kill a whole thread.. now who's gonna have "damn that startled me" stories with knowledge of your fancy little volume EQ tricks?!

well.. i thought of one. you know those ads on sites that randomly start talking/ singing. those always scare me. and they are all so LOUD!

Part of my job is covering for our prototyping technician when he is on vacation or needs a few days off. Our machines run 24-7-365, and occasionally they are scheduled to end at odd hours, and someone has to be there to turn them over to the next project in cue. Several weeks ago I knew one of them was ending it's build at around 3am, so I set my alarm clock appropriately. I had been listening to a CD while I was cleaning the bathroom earlier in the day and forgot to turn the volume back down the the proper level before setting the alarm and falling asleep. Needless to say, I about jumped out of my skin when Queen's Someone To Love blasted on right during the chorus at 'ohGodthirty in the morning! The wife didn't appreciate it much either. She had to be at work at 5:30, she claims she never went back to sleep at all after that. Not to mention, I had that song in the back of my brain for at least a week after that. Every time I hear it now I have to chuckle.

oh i hate that! when you're sleeping really deeply and allofasudden something jolts you awake. kinda almost makes you pee your pants....not that i ever have cos i haven't. justsayin.