Sign in to follow this  
peter pan

Robogina Spektor

I don't know whether to consider it in a serious manner or just go along with the humor of it Big Grin... I mean I don't necessarily like them ruining Fidelity but I also am ashamed to admit I laughed at it to

quote:
Originally posted by mrimarokr:

I don't know whether to consider it in a serious manner or just go along with the humor of it Big Grin... I mean I don't necessarily like them ruining Fidelity but I also am ashamed to admit I laughed at it to

quoted for truth Smiler

oh jeez, what's the big deal? it sucks, but it's there. i listened, the robot don't hit the notes, cause he's a robot. all the little girls who sing regina on utube with their little keyboards are way more entertaining, cause most of them hit most if not all the notes. you gotta hit the notes, or it's just nothing anyone is going to want to hear. i sing her stuff on youtube, and yeah, as a 49 year old male, it has sprinking of irreverence in there, but it's mostly respect and admiration and spread and share the good art, mother fucker!

but i hit notes! i'm a fairly well trained and innately talented musician and singer with a fanstastic ear i was born with, that is coupled with a lousy weak voice. it sucks. it's not that it's robotic, that's cute and cool, it's that the fucking robot doesn't hit the notes

from the original song. look, like regina cares. she's always let anyone do any damn thing they want with her 'little songs'. she never stopped all those studio recordings and live ones being freely accessible on juketube all these years.

if it hadn't been for many of them like for instance being able to hear that monkey shirt live recording of folding chair for years before the album came out, and bartender,

my regina experience wouldn't have become

what it is. let the art sing, share the art,

live the art. if the robot hit the notes, i'd listen sometimes, for fun. maybe the next robot will, living in his pre-war apartment.