Sign in to follow this  
i like wonder bread

school = :(

Recommended Posts

quote:
Originally posted by rosa_de_oro:

School really does suck. Roll Eyes But this coming week we only have to go to school on Monday and Tuesday, and for the rest of the week we're off for Thanksgiving!!!!! Whoooooooooo!!!!!!!!! Big GrinBig Grin

Us too!!! Big Grin I'm so excited!! We just had a "hall Thanksgiving dinner" in my dorm and it was so good and fun! I love holidays! (but for the record I really like school haha)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This week we have Monday of school, Tuesday is a field trip, and Wednesday is a half day, but we're putting on plays for most of the day. It should be a fairly easy week!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ugh! i have two B's on my report cards!!!! gah!!! that is sooo annoying... one of them is in DramaI and thats a dificult course... and the other one is in Language Arts, but i know i can bring it up. ughhh!!! that fumes me! i tried so hard in drama...

we had to do storytelling in drama where we would get a childrens storybook and act it out using our best skills. i rehearsed it 10 jillion times! i knew it all by word but the only thing i noticed i did wrong was that i forgot the introduction *smacks head on wall* and i studdered once or twice *beats head on desk* uuuuuuuuuuuuurg!!! i tried really hard to perfect it and i got a 70C on it!!! GGGGGRRR! now that brought me from a 100 to an 82!!! poooobahhhhhH! maybe i can bring it up some.... -.- im soooooo frustrated that i didnt do better!!!!!!!!!!! AGHAGHAGHAGHA...... oh well......

what happens.

happens.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by i like wonder bread:

ugh! i have two B's on my report cards!!!! gah!!! that is sooo annoying... one of them is in DramaI and thats a dificult course... and the other one is in Language Arts, but i know i can bring it up. ughhh!!! that fumes me! i tried so hard in drama...

we had to do storytelling in drama where we would get a childrens storybook and act it out using our best skills. i rehearsed it 10 jillion times! i knew it all by word but the only thing i noticed i did wrong was that i forgot the introduction *smacks head on wall* and i studdered once or twice *beats head on desk* uuuuuuuuuuuuurg!!! i tried really hard to perfect it and i got a 70C on it!!! GGGGGRRR! now that brought me from a 100 to an 82!!! poooobahhhhhH! maybe i can bring it up some.... -.- im soooooo frustrated that i didnt do better!!!!!!!!!!! AGHAGHAGHAGHA...... oh well......

what happens.

happens.

Dude, I know that feeling exactly. Some of the classes I put the most work into in high school were the ones that I got Bs in. It made me feel really bad about myself. But eventually I just realized that some teachers are like that. When it comes down to it, you just have to do your best, and beyond that you shouldn't worry. I know that sounds sort of cliche, but it's true.

Have you tried telling your parents that you tried your hardest and still got a B? Maybe they would have more sympathy for that. If they really knew how hard you worked, I doubt they would feel the same way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Geez I think my grading system is different from yours...

100-93 is an A, 92-85 is a B, 84-77 is a C so on and so forth. Although I went to a private school in middle and high school so that may have something to do with it.

Well anyways, 2 B's doesn't seem so bad! Especially if you worked hard! C is average, so there's no reason not to be proud of what you've done but still learn from it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by kaysntees:

Geez I think my grading system is different from yours...

100-93 is an A, 92-85 is a B, 84-77 is a C so on and so forth.

we have the same grading. i HATE IT! in chicago we had the other easier grading system, now i usually get a B by .2 or something! i hate it. i just got my transcript from school, and it is so depressing. i only have a 3.36 gpa over all. i had C's in french 2 and 3. french is the only class ive ever gotten a C in, and ive only had three Cs in my whole life though (by semester) so im proud of my self i suppose. i just wanted to graduate with honors. Frowner and i cant without a 3.5.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by PerksOfAWallflower:

quote:
Originally posted by kaysntees:

Geez I think my grading system is different from yours...

100-93 is an A, 92-85 is a B, 84-77 is a C so on and so forth.

we have the same grading. i HATE IT! in chicago we had the other easier grading system, now i usually get a B by .2 or something! i hate it. i just got my transcript from school, and it is so depressing. i only have a 3.36 gpa over all. i had C's in french 2 and 3. french is the only class ive ever gotten a C in, and ive only had three Cs in my whole life though (by semester) so im proud of my self i suppose. i just wanted to graduate with honors. Frowner and i cant without a 3.5.

Graduating with honors is overrated. Not to say it's not a good accomplishment. But unless you want to go to a super competitive college, it probably won't matter in the long run. I would say only three Cs throughout your entire high school career is definitely something to be proud of. Smiler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this