Sign in to follow this  
i like wonder bread

school = :(

For the first time in my life I really feel like I won't be able to pass a test. Maths. Tomorrow. I haven't studied enough and the teacher wasn't excellent enough to make me understand maths, so... I'm dying.

quote:
Originally posted by rainna:

For the first time in my life I really feel like I won't be able to pass a test. Maths. Tomorrow. I haven't studied enough and the teacher wasn't excellent enough to make me understand maths, so... I'm dying.

I'm in the exact same situation! Calculus test tomorrow. Nightmare. Confused (I love this kind of coincidences hehe...) But we can do it! Just focus! Wink

I find it appropriate to restate the first sentence on the previous page of this topic. "I know exactly how you feel, Rainna." Math has been the bane of my existence as far back as I can remember...which I'm amazed I can do, given how terribly numbers confound me.

I am so familiar with that situation that I feel I can call it a brother. There is only one thing you can do. Believe. The teacher could not reach you, you could not study adequately...omens of doom? No, believe it or not. These situations are special.

What you need to do is clear your head, calm yourself, and just take a moment to find your "center." If you truly feel that you have not studied enough, then surely you won't object to emptying your head, for there will be nothing to lose in there. I always face such tests with a blank mind and a firm resolve.

When you take this test, approach it as one approaches a seat on a bus headed for an unknown destination. Do not concern yourself with where you are going to arrive, but take the journey as it is. Be cool, collected, and handle every task set before you. Don't give it any more of your heart than brushing your teeth or washing your hands. The questions are a set of procedures. Just do them.

The knowledge within your brain that neither the teacher nor your studying could call forth will unconsciously manifest if you handle your test with such a disposition. Of course, this is not as effective as being a math wizard who can study for hours on end without passing out, but I can almost guarantee a passing grade. Perhaps it's just me, but I've passed every single test I've approached in this manner--it's the ones where I struggle to cram in hours of studying that I fail, oddly enough.

Pass or fail, the important thing here is not to worry about it. Whether you let it upset you or not, the end result will be the same...so don't make a potential failing grade worse by letting it hurt you before it's even created.

I, however, have complete faith in your innate knowledge of the subject. We know more about math than we think we do...reading the questions and answers slowly can subtly jog your memory.

I wish you luck.

this is the last week before finals... the final stretch! It's so close, yet so far away. i can almost smell the winter break: me being lazy and sleeping all day.. just like home-schooling all over again! Big Grin

except for the little thing these "students" call "finals week.." Confused apparently, well, we'll all spend a lot of time with our faces being bashed into walls... go figure (lol) ah, bittersweet... 'kay, i'm gonna go. i'm writing a presentation, then going to the gym with my friend....

kill me now. FINALS-- no. must resist the urge to rant....