Sign in to follow this  
i like wonder bread

school = :(

quote:
Originally posted by Stepped On A Syringe:

... I'm such a stranger around these parts nowadays!

I just made an "Introduce Yourself" thread in the "Upon the new year coming..." forum. Been meaning to do something like this for a long time. This'll help make this place more friendly and give it a communal feeling, I hope. =)

And hi Jeremy, Rosa, andreseng, everyone.

quote:
I feel like a stranger around here too. I haven't been posting a lot lately, what with all the stuff I have to do.

NO ONE has been posting a lot lately. Frowner So quiet here nowadays...

quote:
I just made an "Introduce Yourself" thread in the "Upon the new year coming..." forum. Been meaning to do something like this for a long time. This'll help make this place more friendly and give it a communal feeling, I hope. =)

Love the idea! Love you for coming up with it! Yay for communal feeling!

Also, to stay at least a little on-topic: I really should be writing an essay about expertice in music pedagogy. I don't like the subject and my writing is so bad today. So is it okay if I just surf the net and wait for the essay to write itself?

quote:
Originally posted by rainna:

NO ONE has been posting a lot lately. Frowner So quiet here nowadays...

Love the idea! Love you for coming up with it! Yay for communal feeling!

I love you too! And music pedagogy sounds like such an interesting topic. I'm sure whoever reading it will enjoy your paper just as much as you enjoyed writing it. :^) Good luck on it.

quote:
Originally posted by Rosa!:

Hi, George! Big Grin And hey, lennonist--I read some of your posts, and you seem like a very cool person. Smiler

uhh, thanks for reading "some" of my posts. I'm very tickled that you read them - I always try to offer something worthwhile and substantial. So thank you for that, and I'm overjoyed that you find me to be a very cool person. I think you and everyone else here is very cool as well. ;^)

edit: I'm not being sarcastic. I'm teasing because I thought that was a vague and funny compliment, but I'm also being sincere. =)

Hi George! Just a while ago I was thinking how things must have gotten really strage here if George has stopped posting. So thanks for bringing some stability back to my internet life! Big Grin

quote:
I love you too! And music pedagogy sounds like such an interesting topic. I'm sure whoever reading it will enjoy your paper just as much as you enjoyed writing it. :^) Good luck on it.

Music pedagogy is cool, but there are some aspects in studying it that I don't care for that much... But it's just one tiny essay in the whole universe of information, so it's really not that serious. Allowing oneself to write total crap every now and then must be good for the soul. Big Grin

this isn't really a rant about school, its about my parents in relation to school.

They say I shouldn't go to college for business, because thats what my mom does and she can never get a night off. They say I can't go for the arts or humanities, because I'll never get a job and teching pays too low. So whats left? Math and Science?? in case they haven't noticed, those have been my lowest grades for years.

Life. It's a tricky business. Some people seem to be born knowing what they're meant to do, and others toil and spend a long time finding themself. It's easy saying decide what to be and go be it, but who knows until you know, you know?

btw, http://www.khanacademy.org/ or http://www.youtube.com/khanacademy is great for pretty much every subject. Bill Gates uses the free lectures with his kids.

and do both if that's you want to do. Who says you can't do science and humanities? They don't have to be mutually exclusive, and everyone should have a fair grasp of both, to be a well-rounded person. Maybe major in science and minor in something completely different - it might make you stand out. Although, engineering offers more financial security. And so many people end up doing something completely different than what they studied for, so ... if it's any consolation, you're not alone.

I am failing calculus.

It's too late to drop it and take something else. I don't need it for the programs I've applied for (two of which have accepted me) but it comes "Highly recommended" meaning if I dont take it I'll have to take a pre-calc course. But considering how badly I'm doing in the class I plan on taking the pre-calc anyway.

I'm severely regretting switching my writers' craft course for calculus. Even if the mark won't be in my top six that I apply with since I have an extra universtiy-level course, if I'd taken the writers craft I would be able to get like a high 90 and bring up my average that I apply with and get scholarships.

Instead I am overwhelmed and scared and feeling constantly stupid. I need to bring up my mark, but the teacher goes so quickly through everything and if you're not already good at math he makes you feel like an idiot.

ugh. Endrant.