Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
i like wonder bread

school = :(

869 posts in this topic

Last Day of school EVER!!!!!!! Weeee!!!!

Best part about surviving the most god-awful semester of all time NO FINALS!

Ok...back to cleaning out my cube. I gave away my super annoying root canal patient to a 3rd year. yayy!

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

Last Day of school EVER!!!!!!! Weeee!!!!

Best part about surviving the most god-awful semester of all time NO FINALS!

Ok...back to cleaning out my cube. I gave away my super annoying root canal patient to a 3rd year. yayy!

I think this belongs in the good news thread!!!

Congrats on finishing school!!!! That must feel like such a relief Smiler

Congratulations on being done with school dentistgirl!

The final day of ninth grade for me is approaching.....This has easily been the most insane, emotional, progressive, different, and life changing school year so far.

I have to choose a new lab to do a rotation. I just had a meeting with a possible tutor that works with neurochemistry stuff, and it sounds incredible but it also sounds really hard and I'm afraid I won't be able to keep up. Should I go for it? Just focus on the greatness of it and worry about everything else later? Or should I be realistic and choose something less complex? Will I regret never trying it? I don't know what to do and I need to make a decision today. I hate having to make decisions. Too complicated.

^ If I were you I would take it. Just look at it positively and use it to make yourself feel more responsible. It sounds like you would enjoy taking it and you would obviously gain from it. But also don't stretch yourself to far if you're already packed tight.

Just take a deep breath and look at the situation with a calm, peaceful, and rational state of mind.

I was thinking of writing my final paper for political philosophy on government paternalism vs. libertarianism. For example, what right does the government have to make you wear seat belts and motorcycle helmets, ban you from doing drugs/alcohol, provide healthcare, mandate education, etc. This would be the most relevant issue because of the debate about the role and power of the govt in America, but it's so broad. Then I was briefly considering about writing it on how the media basically drives the news instead of the other way around - basically Noam Chomsky's "Manufactured Consent", although I haven't read his book.

Now, I have this really bold idea about writing it about a world government run by machines. So, I'd consider the ideas of the bearded old Greek men and how they'd apply in relation to advanced technology with a dose of futurism. Basically, what would happen if a benevolent super-computer was president of the world - it'd solve hunger, poverty, inequality, waste, etc. I'm thinking of titling the paper "Hooked into Machine: The Robocracy Has You." Am I a true Regina fan or what? Some days I think I'm truly unique and original. I wonder how the professor will react if I put Dr. Wolfman instead of his real name as a joke... I probably won't go that far. ;-P

I'M OUT OF SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I worked so hard this year and finished with good grades! Big Grin

Hey! Any math genius stixers wanna help me study for my vectors test tomorrow? I am beyond frustrated and only like three questions into the review.

3D vectors? Intersections of planes and of lines and planes? Parametric, vector and scalar equations? Anyone?