Sign in to follow this  
BitsOfBone

Contact finally made!

You will never guess what happened to me yesterday!?

.. Okay so I'll tell you! Smiler

We had a huge BBQ thingy yesterday that loads of people came to and I was put in charge of music (best place for my annoying ass) and I was playing Mouthwash/Faoundation and this guy came over to me and says:

Guy:So you like Kate Nash! you got her album?

Me: Yeah, she's so good!

Guy: Yeah she is, I saw her live a while back!

Me: Oh wow, I'd love to see her but it's kinda hard when I'm out here (cyprus). There's are so many people I wanna see when I get home.

Guy: Like who?

Me: Oh you know, like the Strokes...

Guy: Seen em twice!

Me: Noway!

Guy: Who eles?

Me: Well I'm going to die an early death if I don't seen Regina Spektor soon

Guy: Yeah I seen her too, she was amazing! I really love Samson!

(at this point, I was in total shock - I've never acctually met anyone who knows who Regina is.)

Me: FUCK OFF! You seen her live? OMG I'm such a huge fan, it's not even funny.

Anywhoo the conversation continued in this fashion, but with more and more bands being talked about... I went home reasured that I wasn't alone!Smiler

And I had finally proven to my mother that I'm not the only person in the world who like Regina Spektor... I got her over to talk to the guy and she asked if Regina was good... (course she was!)...Obviously he said she was AMAZING!

I think this is probably the best conversation I've had since I moved the this Island! So I had to share it with Y'all Smiler

You will never guess what happened to me yesterday!?

.. Okay so I'll tell you! Smiler

We had a huge BBQ thingy yesterday that loads of people came to and I was put in charge of music (best place for my annoying ass) and I was playing Mouthwash/Faoundation and this guy came over to me and says:

Guy:So you like Kate Nash! you got her album?

Me: Yeah, she's so good!

Guy: Yeah she is, I saw her live a while back!

Me: Oh wow, I'd love to see her but it's kinda hard when I'm out here (cyprus). There's are so many people I wanna see when I get home.

Guy: Like who?

Me: Oh you know, like the Strokes...

Guy: Seen em twice!

Me: Noway!

Guy: Who eles?

Me: Well I'm going to die an early death if I don't seen Regina Spektor soon

Guy: Yeah I seen her too, she was amazing! I really love Samson!

(at this point, I was in total shock - I've never acctually met anyone who knows who Regina is.)

Me: FUCK OFF! You seen her live? OMG I'm such a huge fan, it's not even funny.

Anywhoo the conversation continued in this fashion, but with more and more bands being talked about... I went home reasured that I wasn't alone!Smiler

And I had finally proven to my mother that I'm not the only person in the world who like Regina Spektor... I got her over to talk to the guy and she asked if Regina was good... (course she was!)...Obviously he said she was AMAZING!

I think this is probably the best conversation I've had since I moved the this Island! So I had to share it with Y'all Smiler

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

Have you set a date? Wink

Yeah, I'd probably hit the floor if I found someone that knew her AND loved her.

Same here! haha thank god for brumstix Smiler

It was pretty awesome, but he's only here on holiday - goes home next week so that sucks but I guess it was a nice little encounter... Ha like the movie Breif Encounter (I love that film).

He he yes Cyprus is an Island half the size of the UK! But it's inhabited by Greeks so you're half right Rawin.

there's also a little piece of Turkey in Cyprus, one of the diplomatic problems in Europe, nation states can be so sellfish and intolerant... my uncle goes there as UN army-chaplain sometimes (with the Dutch Airborne brigade) to sit between the greco-cypriots and the turko-cypriots.

quote:
there's also a little piece of Turkey in Cyprus, one of the diplomatic problems in Europe, nation states can be so sellfish and intolerant... my uncle goes there as UN army-chaplain sometimes (with the Dutch Airborne brigade) to sit between the greco-cypriots and the turko-cypriots.

You're right about the Turkish part, I just went over the the North (Turkish) part of Cyprus this weekend, and it was surreal to say the least... To get to the border crossing you have to drive through a narrow corridor with Greek Cypriot one side, Turkish the other and British and UN in the middle. Both sides are heavily guarded and the Turkish side is still loaded with mines... I was a little frightened at first but they all seemed friendly and the Turks were obsessed with my fair skin and red hair (that bit was freaky).

It was difficult to see so much devistation and how the Turkish have ruined that half of the Island, land that never really belonged to them! It maintains it's natural beauty but as you can imagin it's difficult to enjoy a costal view when it is obscured by collapsing hotels and houses with whole walls and floors blown off!

I was glad to come home!

QUOTE]

I've met 2 people who knew who Regina is and one was my music nut nephew. This declaration is considerable considering I'm a 260 lb hillbilly walking around with a Regina Spektor concert T-shirt and all I get is "Who?"

Word is spreading quick, but she ain't never gonna be Gwen or Fergie (thank God!).

actually, with the recent radio leanings toward lily allen, amy winehouse, and the like, along with the jc penney ads with better music, i'm keeping my fingers crossed that the industry is moving away from the fergie style.

(no musical talent, overly fake face, ridiculously commercial)