Sign in to follow this  
andreseng

Philly Roll Call 9-27-07

Ok guys. As reported last night, I think reg may be nursing a bit of a cold. However, it did not effect her voice.

That was by far the quickest show I've ever seen her do and her interactions with the crowd were minimal.

The only off the track song was One More Time With Feeling and I walked away with a much greater appreciation for the song.

Ain't No Cover

On the Radio

Music Box

The Flowers

Prisoners

One More Time With Feeling

Poor Little Rich Boy

Baby Jesus

Bobbing for Apples (Done with a fresh new tempo)

While using the strecher bar, I heard a pop and sure enough she blew out a string. She commended herself on her strength, handed off the guitar, and went back to the piano. She claimed she would have real rock star status if she could break the piano too.

Apres Moi

Human Of The Year (YEAAAAA)

Guitar is now fixed so naturally we got

That Time

Back to the piano

Ghost of Corporate Future

Better

Field Below

Encore

Us

Fidelity

Hotel Song (Jack Beat Box)

Real Love

Samson

Don't shoot me if the songs are out of order. I'm going from memory. Pretty sure I got them all though.

I can't wait for New York now because I'm sure she'll shake off whatever she's got by then.

Crowd was good. Very little off key singing, no one was too loud and no sign of Jenny Bubblegum where I was sitting. However, my neighbor that went with me told me there were several Jenny's in the Ladies room complaining out loud because people were shushing them. They said they were going to e-mail regina about these rude people.....ROFL

Oh and bingo, neighbor is fully converted and hooked now. What a surprise huh?

Andreseng, thanks for the update... didn't know she was feeling under the weather. I was afraid my worst fears had come through, that she was getting worn out from all the touring... short set, minimal interaction... until she messed up her guitar and stared joking about being a rock star. I also had a good laugh when she mentioned not to watch Fox Five News. Classic.

Oh, and about the teenyboppers... there were still a good number of young people but not at all obnoxious... so I was happy with the audience. In fact, it was cool to see some of their reactions to Regina... you could tell it was the first time they had seen her live.

Thanks for the report Andreseng. Believe it or not, I drove there and as I walked up to the theatre door, the crowd poured out. Missed the whole thing. Frowner Win some, lose some I guess. My daughter (who came with me) and I will have to watch it in bits and pieces on YouTube.

Glad to hear your neighbor is a convert. Maybe he can convince the rest of your family.

PS Thanks for the setlist!

quote:
Originally posted by mooebon:

Believe it or not, I drove there and as I walked up to the theatre door, the crowd poured out.

Glad to hear your neighbor is a convert. Maybe he can convince the rest of your family.

When the lights dimmed at 9:10 my thoughts turned to you. I almost called you but I didn't have your number in my cell. And the neighbor convert had better be a woman since she was in the ladies room!

quote:
Originally posted by Aonex:

I also had a good laugh when she mentioned not to watch Fox Five News. Classic.

"Well maybe you should just drink a lot less coffee, and never ever watch the ten o'clock news, especially Fox Five."

I just wonder how many folks in Philly got that since it's a NY station. Philly is Fox 29 but that's also a completely different crew. Fox Five is probably the worst excuse for a news broadcast going. They should just call it Extra or ET.

I'm glad to see you validated my feelings about the show as well.

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

When the lights dimmed at 9:10 my thoughts turned to you. I almost called you but I didn't have your number in my cell. And the neighbor convert had better be a woman since she was in the ladies room!

Funny, as we started driving, I thought of calling you and got out my cell to get your number but realized it was your work number. Guess I should have asked for your cell...

I also tried to call Tower---their message says someone will answer on event nights, but no one did. (When I went to the Electric Factory last year, I called en route and they told me what was going on.)

I was interested to hear you say the concert was so quick. I do think the last 2 times I saw her, the concert "started" at 8, but she came on at 9:30 and played till 11 (maybe no more songs, just more banter? don't know). So, just bad luck. It's also true that I figured the drive to be an hour but it was a bit longer cause it was all the way on the other side of Philly.

I swear if we had heard even one song, it would have seemed not a total bust. But that's life.

I just put you in my cell. Under mooebon naturally!

Yes, I noticed that too, she played as many songs as usual but the lack of interaction I guess made it feel quicker than it probably was. She started earlier than at any show I've been to recently so obviously she finished earlier.

bum bum bum went to the CT show the other night and felt she was fighting a cold. I hope that's all it was.

The great thing is, even though I didn't feel she was up to par, she totally won over my neighbor. She said, "you tell me whenever she's around because I'm going." Hope she works on my wife a bit. She too felt, as both you and I do, that if my wife went to a show she'd be hooked. And she knows my wife pretty well. Cool