Sign in to follow this  
kristo

drugs:: does Regina do them?

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

quote:
Originally posted by Beechcraft Bonanza:

still, even lyrics written when you're high can be very expressive, truthfull, sincere, emotional etc. I know that from experience, my former band loved my songs and they were all non-users.

Beechcraft-

Don't take this the wrong way. I'm not trying to preach here. I can't help but think of this post when I read this one.

There's two sides to everything.

Aw yes, I was in a bad place, but poetry and music were the things I still had passion for. maybe it was this rock 'n roll passion that made me neglect responsabilities and do these drugs, out of some kind of stupid image I had about "suffering artists" being better than the artists that still act sane and "normal" and didn't have (drug/drinking)problems.

The fact that I was lying a lot in normal life did make me write songs about what I really felt, what my life was really like... and then say it wasn't autobiographic to people who voiced concern ("dude! it's just generic rock 'n roll soulsearching inspired on Herman Brood and Nirvana!")...

still, I don't want to encourage anyone to make ANY drug a habit...

and if you do want to smoke pot, do it in moderation and choose the right(=least dangerous) breed (it does make a difference)...

quote:
Originally posted by Might Make A dollar:

I certainly hope Regina does drugs because if she doesn't I will feel left out. Drugs are fantastic.

AHAHAHAHAHA. This was hysterical. Thank you.

I think a lot of people's opinions of "drugs" have been obviously swayed by innaccurate "facts" and sometime blatant lies fed to us by the media and bullshit studies.

Not that that has to do with anything.

It sounds to me like Regina isn't into pot. And definitely not anything harder than that (Like... actual drugs). So yay for her! To each their own. But there are a lot of fine, upstanding, productive and intelligent people who dabble. I'll bet that Regina is of the opinion that adults should be permitted to make their own decision about what they will or will not take into their bodies.

Speculation is fun. Maybe I'll ask Regina what she thinks of the war on drugs tonight. Big Grin

I've always held good jobs and was on something most of my off time, but it does lead to less than what you could be if you learned to cope head on... I THINK! (I shore wouldn't know)

I mean, the only s**t that ever got me in trouble was alkeehawl.

But considering the bright youth on this website, us old school dopeheads shouldn't glorify marijuana use (tell 'em it'll make 'em fat and that outta stop 'em from usin'... the young ain't worried about brain damage)

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

I was at a show where reg asked the audience, "Are there any law enforcement officers here?" Upon getting no response from the audience she said, "Good, would you people over there stop smoking pot please. It's bothering me."

You draw your own conclusion.

i draw the conclusion that she knows what it smells like....and that says somethin...

Wink i'm just kidding. i love reg drugs or no drugs.

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine Redneck:

But considering the bright youth on this website, us old school dopeheads shouldn't glorify marijuana use (tell 'em it'll make 'em fat and that outta stop 'em from usin'... the young ain't worried about brain damage)

Not sure if that was sarcasm or not but just an FYI, marijuana doesn't cause any kind of brain damage and never has. That old myth has been disproved and recent studies in fact have shown the cannibanoids (sp?) found in marijuana can actually encourage brain cell growth. Additionally it's been shown to help treat Alzheimer's which only makes Reagan's battle all the more amusing and ironic.

FYI, actually it is proven that marijuana causes brain damage and and then some-always has. It's science people. Just because you enjoy it doesn't mean it's safe or healthy, and that's okay.

It's okay if you enjoy it, but it doesn't change facts. Maybe the media or high times magazine is bending the information, just like you think the informations being bent for people who believe it IS dangerous. People like to cliff jump or choke themselves while they wank off...just because they like it doesn't change the fact that it's unsafe in certain ways.