Sign in to follow this  
Stephacus

How many languages can Respekt speak?

Sorry if this has been expressed earlier as I'm really supposed to be doing something else right now and can't read every response to this. But, it's somewhat clear that Regina doesn't speak french at least. Eeeeven though she sounds amazing when she says "apres moi le deluge..."

I say this because in Ne Me Quitte Pas, she says "key-tay" for quitte as opposed to "keet" or "keet-uhh" with a dragged off sound. (as the French often do) It would be alright that she pronounces it "key-tay" if she was talking to someone who is "formal" or who she should respect, but by saying "mon cher" she implies that she knows the person well. It would also be okay if she said "mes chers" because the "key-tay" pronunciation is used for a group of people too.

The song's beautiful, but I cringe every time she says quittez instead of quitte... But she could actually just do it for emphasis. I don't know...

Do you think I'm reading too much into this? Probably. Definitely worth it =P

haha! no i totally get you! its like looking at bon idee! Aie! ca c'est pas correcte! if regina's quitte bothers you NEVER listen to feist's french. her accent bugs the shit outta me. i won't go into it (i love her english songs) but she has a song called tout doucement laquelle elle a la pronunciation de merde!

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

Since I haven't a clue on french accents, how do you rate Paul McCartney on The Beatles tune "Michelle"?

It's not bad at all =) Of course I'm sure it sounds incredibly American, but that's expected.

And as for the Blondie song, it's not bad either. It's actually really well-spoken.

It's not so much the accents as the pronounciation of words. Michelle is done grand, can't fault the man (but maybe I'm biased) and the same goes for Blondie (but again, I'm a fan of them)

quote:
Originally posted by Em Mitchell:

Hahaha I love Tout Doucement. The pronounciation that gets me is that of L'Amour Ne Dure Pas Toujours. But I still think it's a kickass song.

OMG! i cant even listen to l'smour ne dure pas toujours! she says all the vowels the same!!!!! AAAAAHHHHHH!

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

Since I haven't a clue on french accents, how do you rate Paul McCartney on The Beatles tune "Michelle"?

And if you don't know it, which i couldn't imagine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Xl8YtgDAKc

yea its not accent. its pronunciation.

he's not that bad. not amazing but pretty good.

debbie harry is great. she really has her R's down! the hardest sound i think (excepting -euille)... sometimes its really anglisized like "un autre monde" Smiler but its cute.