Sign in to follow this  
Stephacus

How many languages can Respekt speak?

Recommended Posts

quote:
Originally posted by PerksOfAWallflower:

haha! no i totally get you! its like looking at bon idee! Aie! ca c'est pas correcte! if regina's quitte bothers you NEVER listen to feist's french. her accent bugs the shit outta me. i won't go into it (i love her english songs) but she has a song called tout doucement laquelle elle a la pronunciation de merde!

I think you mean 'Ca c'est pas correct.' Wink

That's okay though cuz I misspelled 'amour' on here the other day...

quote:
It would also be okay if she said "mes chers" because the "key-tay" pronunciation is used for a group of people too.

=P

I try imagining that she's talking to a group of people (as in vous quittez) and then she says 'mon cher' to just one of them. lol. That kinda works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

Or how about Debbie Harry doing the Blondie tune "Sunday Girl"?

you just earned so many cool points its not even funny. i love blondie with a passion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by PerksOfAWallflower:

but she has a song called tout doucement laquelle elle a la pronunciation de merde!

You have to trust me (I'd bet all French people agree): Her "prononciation de merde" makes her song totally charming! Her accent's a delight. I'm fond of all her songs in French! Smiler

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by reguddist:

quote:
Originally posted by PerksOfAWallflower:

but she has a song called tout doucement laquelle elle a la pronunciation de merde!

You have to trust me (I'd bet all French people agree): Her "prononciation de merde" makes her song totally charming! Her accent's a delight. I'm fond of all her songs in French! Smiler

really?? haha. omg i would totally think the opposite because seriously every tiny tiny mistake i made while there, french people would fall over themselves to correct me. obviously im not feist so i guess that makes a difference. i actually clearly remember being in st. malo and asking for the bill and i said "l'addi(sh)ion" and literally three people turned and gasped, and the waiter was like "l'addi ©ion.... say it with me... l'addi © ion" and i was completely embarassed. we were taught so stricly to make a large emphasis between **ou** and **u**. we repeated words like Voulu and au dessous and au dessus to make sure we clearly pronounced them correctly so i guess thats why it really really makes my ears bleed.

quote:
Originally posted by Lost in the Sounds:

I think you mean 'Ca c'est pas correct.' Wink

yes thanks. i barely ever proof read what i write. as you can see i also mispelled amour two posts up, lol. yea my fingers just type to their own drum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by PerksOfAWallflower:

seriously every tiny tiny mistake i made while there, french people would fall over themselves to correct me.

i felt completely the opposite when i went to france!

i think they actually were very happy when i spoke french to them because a lot of times people just... don't.

although it might have had to do with the areas... where did you go exactly?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by Sugardrive:

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

Or how about Debbie Harry doing the Blondie tune "Sunday Girl"?

you just earned so many cool points its not even funny. i love blondie with a passion.

Wanna start a club? Again, so lucky living in the NYC area. I got to see a lot of them....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

quote:
Originally posted by kandi:

quote:
Originally posted by PerksOfAWallflower:

seriously every tiny tiny mistake i made while there, french people would fall over themselves to correct me.

i felt completely the opposite when i went to france!

i think they actually were very happy when i spoke french to them because a lot of times people just... don't.

although it might have had to do with the areas... where did you go exactly?

Paris Bien sur..... et Tour, the purest of the french, lol. and also Bretagne et Normandy. Actually brittany wasn't too bad just in that little shop in St. Malo where people had a shit fit because i was nervous and pronounced l'addition wrong. In paris people would answer me in english no matter what i said, (except for the security guard at pere lachaise Smiler ) maybe they just wanted to try out their english, but they all acted like they just didn't want to hear me butcher their language. The tour guide spoke to us mostly in french and when we answered her she would stop us every second to correct us. and we'd loose train of thought inevitably making us sound even dumber. yea, i ended up not speaking much french at all. hopefully when i go to Dijon people will just accept my french at face value and see my effort.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

awesome possum! it explains everything! plus this is now one of my faourite quotes from her.

"people judge what is adultlike and what is childlike. If something is really exciting to me, I’ll literally jump up and clap my hands. I guess that’s what children do—they don’t look around to see who’s judging them. You don’t get a medal at the end for being an adult"

LOVE IT! when im excited i flap my arms like a little kid. haha. its really funny to watch i've been told.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, she didn't mention in the interview, but she also has been known to speak french, and certainly throws out enough latin and spanish to make you think she knows at least some of those as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this