Sign in to follow this  
johny

What is regina's piano at the moment?

Does regina tour with her own piano, or is it down to the music venues to provide one? If she does have a piano she tours with (or even multiple ones for different countries), does anyone know what make and type it is? Sorry if someones already talked about this (i couldn't find anything but am guessing theres probably already 40 threads on this already Big Grin)

Does regina tour with her own piano, or is it down to the music venues to provide one? If she does have a piano she tours with (or even multiple ones for different countries), does anyone know what make and type it is? Sorry if someones already talked about this (i couldn't find anything but am guessing theres probably already 40 threads on this already Big Grin)

I have seen her twice. Once she played a keyboard, the other time a piano.

My guess is she gets the piano at the venue, except maybe for some special occasions.

I seem to remember reading interviews where she said things about being pleased that a venue had a certain type piano, etc.

This could be 2 things. As far as the more local venues is that she could just play at the one there (if they own one). OR. Sometimes performers say in their contract that they demand a specific piano/keyboard for the venue's tech's to obtain (usually they rent one).

For the bigger shows, like on tv, they deliver that baby grand baldwin. It's INSANEly expensive to move piano's everywhere! So that's why not everyone on her tour sees that red piano.

When she recently played the UK she had a Steinway. I have no idea as to the model. But after the show a piano movers van turned up, bundled the piano out of the venue on a trolley, packed it up and headed off, presumably to the folling night's gig.

A bright red baby grand! Only regina is cool enough to play such a piano. Yeah i saw the steinway at her liverpool show - maybe she hired one for her uk tour.

I don't think she travels with a piano. I would guess she just borrows/rents one in each city. That red one was on loan from the Baldwin showroom in NYC. Like she doesn't even with a keyboard/digital piano...or atleast I don't think so...cause when I saw her play at the Borders in Chicago they brought the keyboard in and on the case said Illinois Music rentals. It all depends on the venue...most ones in cities will be able to get a piano. But like when she play Bonnaroo and Coachella she use a keyboard cause they festivals are out in the country/desert kinda. I could be completely wrong though