Sign in to follow this  
ghost of corporate future

bands you think should go away forever

quote:
Originally posted by Auckmann:

Everyday at work they play the radio so everyday I here the same horrible excuses for music and I drives me insane. Right now I hate "apologize" by Timberlame, That Fergie song, Gwen Sefani, "bubbly" by Corrie Calbait (or whatever the F her name is). I want to kill whoever made that song with all the whoo hooing. Do you know which one I am talking about? I think it may be Gwen Sefani. Although it may be a good song if I didn't hear it so god damned much, I hate that Alicia Keys song. And last but not least, that song that goes something like; "I'm not gonna write you a love song".

I think the hoo-hooing song you're referencing is "Black horse and the cherry tree" by KT Tunstall... that song is so irritating. The other one is "Lovesong" by Sara Bareilles. It's an okay song but it's really overplayed!

[the rest of] my hit list:

boys like girls, my chemical romance, taking back sunday, Fall Out Boy, simple plan, panic!at the disco, dashboard confessional, hilary duff, death cab, norah jones, Fergi, evanescence, system of a down, nickleback, rascal flatts, Flo-Rida, enrique iglesias, ricky martin, R. Kelly, clay aiken, toby keith, tim mcgraw, macy gray, tool, opeth, porcupine tree, meshuggah, hannah montana, il divo

I agree with that list completely except for one...Norah Jones..she sings straight to my heart.

One thing i really dont understand is Hannah Montana.

I am not saying that i hate her, because Mylie Cyrus (sp?) and her whole deal is not to write great songs and be an amazing actress. She is just a disney figure, like Lizzie McGuire (hilary duff) etc.

Now, the part i dont get is why they picked HER. She really cannot sing and cannot act.

So that part stumps me.

But i have to say, on this topic i see a ton of people named that we hate just because they are pop or because alot of people like them.

I was on a forum earlier where people named the most overrated artists, and regina was mentioned several times.. which angered me--- but the point is that, while i dislike and dont listen to alot of it-- it isnt terrible.

Sure Fergi may be annoying, but she has some talent. It isnt easy to write pop songs and have them be popular.

Sure, System of a Down might seem lame, but they are surprisingly original and intelligent.

So maybe we dont HATE this so much as we really let on.

(the only music i really cant stand is Nickelback. and i think its like in my genes or something ^-^ )

quote:
Originally posted by Stepped On A Syringe:

Sure Fergi may be annoying, but she has some talent.

(the only music i really cant stand is Nickelback. and i think its like in my genes or something ^-^ )

I'm not a Fergie fan but she scored major bonus points with me last week when she did Barracuda with Heart.

As for Nickelback, they have that every song sounds the same thing going. That's what I'll bet most people dislike them for.