Sign in to follow this  
ghost of corporate future

bands you think should go away forever

quote:
Originally posted by Beechcraft Bonanza:

There aren't a lot of bands I'd wish would dissapear forever... every one has their own taste ye know... but there are a few that I just can't stand at all!

1. Boy/girl-groups: No-one wants them anymore yet there's still record companies that have adolescent girls believe that "an album by group-x is essential for social acceptance"

2. James Blunt. He's sooooo boring and lame

3. James Blunt, he tries to make his second album more of a rock album and fails miserably

4. James Blunt, all he does is whine about fictional girlfriends who've dumped him or rejected his ugly person as a romantic interest.

5. James Blunt, 'cause even if he totally blows, the mainstreamchannels keep playing him

6. James Blunt, 'cause he's the most irrelevant songwriter EVER and still has hits.

7. James Blunt, 'cause he wasn't even born in 1973.

I agree with most everything said in this thread except for Eminem being the only mainstream rapper thats any good. Kanye West anyone? I mean seriously... I know people are labeling him a dumbass for saying/doing some pretty inflammatory things, but he is the best thing to happen to popular rap music in a while. Did anyone see SNL this week? Not only was he hilarious in the sketch making fun of him getting pissed for not winning any awards, but he's touring with a damned string section. You can't say thats not badass.

i just have to say, i don't mind panic at the disco, fall out boy, etc. basically, i forced myself to stop listening to the radio... they don't play regina anyway, and after hearing even "fidelity" or "baby jesus" five hundred times in a row, i'd be tired of it.

i love kanye west, because he actually has some meaning to his songs instead of just "booty money hot girls" all the time. some being the operative word.

the main problems i have are with untalented people. like all my friends like jt and fergie because they're good dancers.

Eeker what?????

but christina aguilera doesn't bother me, because at least she can sing. i make it a rule not to criticize anyone who can sing better than i can/ write better lyrics than me. even if i don't like their music, i couldn't do better.

where as:

AY BAY BAY AY BAY BAY AY BAY WHITE FOLKS GANGSTAS AND THE THUGHS AY BAY BAY

i could write anytime,and then say over a synthesizer.

none of them are regina, so that's kind of spoiled music for me.

i like a fine frenzy... sorry, but she reminds me of regina, only less talented.

When I saw Regina at the Electric Factory last year, Only Son (with band) opened for her, and I am sorry to say I was passionately wishing they would go away. And I was relieved when they did.

Hey, I liked that guy (the "band" wasn't in Savannah)!!

Goes to show, got to have variety for all our varied tastes.

But I'm with Yablonya on the Fall Out Boy demise not arriving soon enough... I mean, any band where the bass player is the s**t...

(ok, now all you bass players out there can pound me unmercifully! Hey, I love John Paul Jones but he sure ain't Plant and Page)

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine Redneck:

I have heard others who heard him without the band say they liked him. The band was deafening. It was so loud it was distorted and you couldn't understand a word. I hate that. Maybe I wouldn't mind him alone (though I would still probably be impatient for Regina).

quote:
Originally posted by mooebon:

quote:
Originally posted by Sunshine Redneck:

I have heard others who heard him without the band say they liked him. The band was deafening. It was so loud it was distorted and you couldn't understand a word. I hate that. Maybe I wouldn't mind him alone (though I would still probably be impatient for Regina).

Let me tell ya; I'll take Reg 365 all by her beautiful little lonesome sans band and I can't see how anyone could disagree.

I pull a lot of her Youtube recordings and she is always more enjoyable by herself (us Irish say herself, so there).

I will admit, though, that when she was touring with the Strokes, her dancing around when she was on the stage with those guys was awesome... Bring back the short skirts, darlin'!