Sign in to follow this  
ghost of corporate future

bands you think should go away forever

I try to be an upbeat, positive person (in other words, delusional) so it's just now coming to me the ultimate band that MUST, MUST, MUST go away...

Bon Jovi, for God's sake!!

This is the last remaining no talent hair band of the 80's that never should have existed anyway!!

I love that George is from NJ and will have to defend JBJ, even though I know you're too smart and wordly to stomach his stuff.

Ooooh, she's a little runaway... Aaaaarg!!

Not only do I like Bon Jovi. I really enjoyed their latest release. You Want To Make A Memory is my favorite. Give it a listen and lets talk again! Wink

Actually I'm originally from Brooklyn. I'm a transplant.

i abandoned listening to the radio awhile ago,(not counting car rides with my mom & not having an option except country music),so i havent really been in on all the new music fads that people call overplayed. i havent known what overplayed has meant since britney was still the big thing Big Grin

BUT..i do have one song in particular id like to rant about..so lets go back down memory lane to one of my school dances. they are always very ackward and unusual experiences for me...but for this one in particular,just picture a bunch of country kids in your average small town school in the middle of nowhere Kansas.. that for some reason beyond me,think they are gangsters. they're standing in a line doing the WHOLE dance routine to a song called "crank that soulja boy".

(yes..they spell it "soulja" when "soldier" is only one freaking letter longer...why?!?!?!?)

& its supposedly the new music trend..everybody knows the song AND the dance..like its the new "thriller" or something.

id never heard of it in my life before then. i was standing there on the side.. watching this and laughing in embarassment. im embarassed for them still...

generically, most music i hear has pretty good potential to become something i at least can stand..it doesnt take much. i have a very open mind. but.. i guess for the sake of the thread's whole theme, and the fact that i need to come to a point here..ill just agree with those who wish hip hop/rap artists with the meaningless "slap them bitchez 'n hoez" lyrics..would poof into thin air..

where is the world going when kids in wranglers and cowboy boots,

in a school with a 99% caucasian population, (not trying to being racist at all.. just stating facts)

2 step down the hallways at school singing..

"Soulja Boy Off In This Hoe

Watch Me Lean And Watch Me Rock

Super Man Dat Hoe

Then Watch Me Crank Dat Robocop

Super Fresh, Now Watch Me Jock

Jocking On Them Haterz Man

When I Do Dat Soulja Boy

I Lean To The Left And Crank Dat thing

(Now Yua!)

I'm Jocking On Yo Bitch Ass

And If We Get The Fightin

Then I'm Cocking On Your Bitch

You Catch Me At Yo Local Party

Yes I Crank It Everyday

Haterz Get Mad Cuz

"I got me some bapes today""

those are the lyrics to that um.. brilliantly....inspiring?..um..song...

and..can anybody inform me as to what "bapes" are???? Confused

quote:

bapes are those jackets that zip all the way up to the top of the hood so u pretty much cant see anything. one of my friends is obsessed with rap music so thats why i know that lol

quote:
Originally posted by ghost of corporate future:

quote:

bapes are those jackets that zip all the way up to the top of the hood so u pretty much cant see anything. one of my friends is obsessed with rap music so thats why i know that lol

haha wow. never would have guessed that one.

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

Not only do I like Bon Jovi. I really enjoyed their latest release. You Want To Make A Memory is my favorite. Give it a listen and lets talk again! Wink

Actually I'm originally from Brooklyn. I'm a transplant.

I've seen interviews with JBJ and Sambora and they genuinely seem like good guys but I could never get in to that sound. I praised God when grunge came around to save us from the 80's.

Jersey, New York... you say tomato... it's all "up there" through Co'Cola bottle glasses!

The only singer i think should go way is BONO!!! He is an infection to music! ok so the whole charity business is fine hes relly nice and everybody loves (not saying theres anything wrong donating to charity) but his music is terrible! All the songs he wrote are rubbish! And he absoutley disgraced the Beatles by "trying" to sing I'm the Walrus which is the best Beatle song but he ruins it! His musical side should leave us be!

DoneSmiler