Sign in to follow this  
andreseng

POLL: First reg album purchased

This is a poll. So no one will see who you are and what you voted, please be honest. No need to be ashamed if it was BTH because SOAS won't know you voted that way! Wink Please don't respond with any of the various single releases.

This is a poll. So no one will see who you are and what you voted, please be honest. No need to be ashamed if it was BTH because SOAS won't know you voted that way! Wink Please don't respond with any of the various single releases.

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

Begin To Hope brings 'em in and Soviet Kitsch seals the deal....

That's exactly what happened to me!

The first Regina song I heard was "Fidelity" on Late Night with Conan O'Brien and the first album I bought (and soon after became obsessed) was "Soviet Kitsch"!

I bought both SK and BTH within two days of eachother.

Take this for a hit: I was on vacation in France and I was in the Louvre. I saw Venus de Milo and la Joconde and then instead of buying something to remember my time at that lovely museum, I bought BTH in the Virgin Megastore right by the gift shop. I was torn on which one to buy and ended up buying BTH because it was 5 euros cheaper... But BTH was still about $32, or 20-ish euros.

Take this for another hit: I was still en vacances in France. I was walking down les Champs. I saw a Virgin Megastore. I remember seeing both of the Regina albums at the Louvre store, and could NOT resist going in to get the other one. I bought this one for 25 euros. That's about $39.

If that's not devotion, I don't know what is. Because in the back of my mind I knew that when I got home, I could buy it for $15 at Target.