Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

Sickness sucks.

167 posts in this topic

quote:
Originally posted by dentistgirl:

quote:
Originally posted by Brenna:

Frowner It sucks throwing up, huh? I have CVS (cyclic vomiting syndrome) so I throw up a lot. Hope you guys feel better soon!

CVS, wow I've never heard of that. ::takes study break to research it:: That sounds like it really sucks. Frowner

Hope you all feel better ASAP!

Yeah, it's pretty bad. I'm one of the lucky ones, though, in the fact that medication works for me. It's super expensive, though, and my insurance doesn't cover it, so I usually only take it for special occasions, when I really cannot be sick. On other days, I just load up on over-the-counter allergy pills. They seem to help...

I just started coming down with what I can tell already is an EPIC cold this morning. :| I refuse to be sick at a Regina concert. Someone mainline me some OJ.

I'm coming down with something right now...I'm kinda scared because last time I felt like this...headache, sore throat, chest pains, etc...I had pneumonia and ended up running a fever of 105. I was pretty much out of commission for 2 weeks. I can't afford to miss that much school again this year.

quote:
Originally posted by Ezra Pound:

I had pneumonia and ended up running a fever of 105.

One of my little sisters had pneumonia when she was two. Frowner I don't remember why but my mom took all of these pictures of her inside the metal hospital crib.

I've had pneumonia twice - once when I was 7 or so and again when I was 11. It would be kind of cool to get it again this year, just so I could say things like, "yeah, I get pneumonia every 4 years, it's like a locust, you know?"

But at the same time...it would totally suck, because it basically kills you for an entire month.

quote:
Originally posted by 1953:

I've had pneumonia twice - once when I was 7 or so and again when I was 11. It would be kind of cool to get it again this year, just so I could say things like, "yeah, I get pneumonia every 4 years, it's like a locust, you know?"

But at the same time...it would totally suck, because it basically kills you for an entire month.

You should very seriously consider getting a Pneumovax vaccination. Actually I'm shocked your doctor hasn't made you. Pneumonia is a very serious disease that kills. I'd like to keep you around a little while longer. Get a vaccine please.....

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

You should very seriously consider getting a Pneumovax vaccination. Actually I'm shocked your doctor hasn't made you. Pneumonia is a very serious disease that kills. I'd like to keep you around a little while longer. Get a vaccine please.....

Pediatricians are really sort of stupid like that - bad generalization, but it had to be made. They don't actually pay attention to those important things, but will give you an entire lecture about that HPV vaccination and how much they are convinced that you will uh, totally get cervical cancer if you don't get the shots.

Anyway, I think I'm due for a couple of boosters in December, so I'll ask about that.

quote:

that HPV vaccination and how much they are convinced that you will uh, totally get cervical cancer if you don't get the shots.

Is that not the case?

quote:

quote:

that HPV vaccination and how much they are convinced that you will uh, totally get cervical cancer if you don't get the shots.

Is that not the case?

If you don't get the Gardasil, you are almost guranteed to get those HPV viruses that it protects against. That doesn't necessarily mean you will get cancer. The shots just decrease your risk, and prevent you from harboring those STDs.

quote:

quote:

Is that not the case?

Well, not if you don't do anything that would put you at any risk...

I don't plan on doing it any time soon.