Sign in to follow this  

Sickness sucks.

quote:
Originally posted by PilingAndTwisting:

I think I might have MONO!

How long did it last?

Knocked my neice out of commission for 4 months.

She had a fever, sore throat, headaches, white patches on the back of her throat, swollen glands in her neck, and she didn't feel hungry. She tired super easily. A walk around the block was out of the question even 4 months later.

Doctor can't do much for you other than confirm you have it, tell you to rest and drink plenty of fluids and to take Tylenol or Ibuprofen to relive symptoms.

It has to run it's course. I hope you don't have it.

Ok. I feel better knowing the symptoms were THAT severe. It's not like that...unless they get worse!

Um, I'm just freaking out completely.

I have a sore throat, no white patches though, headache, swollen glands (and a lump underneath my chin, near my throat, weird eh?) I am exhausted, but it's not a weak feeling or anything. My appetite is not fully there, but I haven't been eating much because I'm a bit nauseous.

Well, thanks for that info George!

quote:
Originally posted by PilingAndTwisting:

Ok. I feel better knowing the symptoms were THAT severe. It's not like that...unless they get worse!

Um, I'm just freaking out completely.

I have a sore throat, no white patches though, headache, swollen glands (and a lump underneath my chin, near my throat, weird eh?) I am exhausted, but it's not a weak feeling or anything. My appetite is not fully there, but I haven't been eating much because I'm a bit nauseous.

Well, thanks for that info George!

i had it in 8th grade. it was SO terrible. i felt like i was going to die because i didn't eat for like two months (but didnt even lose a pounds gosh!).. my throat was so swollen that i couldnt breathe without it hurting. i was so tired i could barely open my eyes. if you do have mono youre to going to be able to do your gigs. it was really rough and i was tired for many months afterward.

I had MONO in fourth grade D<

not fun

my advice. DONT do PE or anything physical, everytime i overworked my self (which was soo easy to do) i threw up.. but i hated it.. it wasnt the end of the world, but it was NOT fun... and my spleen swelled up to be soo huge and it hurt so bad...

drink gatorade! :3

DO NOTHING physical

if you feel bad like reaaal bad, dont go to school.. bad idea for me.. threw up in english (ha)

listen to regina Cool

and take it easy!

Thanks for the advice guys...

I just really hope I don't have it. As of right now, it doesn't seem like I do - hearing all that stuff! That's just awful what you two had to go through.

But if the symptoms get steadily worse, then I don't know.

Maybe it's just a normal bug, or maybe my jet-lag has actually lasted for over a week! That's never happened though and wouldn't explain the sore throat and the constant headaches.

My wisdom tooth could be infected again though. Last year, in December that happened (on the other side of my jaw though) and it got so infected my glands got SUPER swollen and it hurt to swallow, I cried just moving my mouth, it was awful...

But it's not that bad at the moment. I just hope I'm in better condition on Saturday Frowner

I'm not really sure what caused it. It's typically brought on by strain or trauma etc. I haven't really been sick (like coughing) and I'm not asthmatic either. And let's just say, I'm no weight lifter. I don't do much clinical stuff yet, so I don't think that was it either. However, stress, I have. It could be a factor.

All I know is that I want rid of it before it spreads.