Sign in to follow this  
mooebon

ingrid michaelson

She doesn't remind me of Regina but her music is good. She has good lyrics, definitely.

I'd heard of her before this thread - maybe someone with a fresh point of view could tell us if they can hear any similarities with Regina?

I like her. When I first listened to one of her songs I thought, "Hey, she sorta kinda sounds like Regina." And then I looked at her influences and she had her listed there.

But.. she's friends with Jenny Owen Youngs who is friends with Regina so.. there's that tie too.

Oh! I congratulated her through myspace once. She had written a very excited bulletin about one of her songs being in the finale of Grey's Anatomy and she wrote back a little thank you. I thought that was very nice of her.

Well, that's so interesting to me, that people here see a resemblance. I guess I have been SO immersed in Regina for the last year that it's hard for me to see---just like it's hard for a mother of twins, who sees them as really different, to understand why others can't tell them apart...

Glad to hear she's nice. That always counts for something in my calculus.

I like her, I heard "The Way I Am" on the Old Navy Commercial and immediately typed in the lyrics to find out who she was. I don't really think she sounds like Regina but I've liked everything I've downloaded of her so far.

I love Ingrid and her album, "Girls and Boys" is fantastic from start to finish. She already stated in an interview that she was influenced by Regina, which is great.

I think we're going to see/hear more and more Regina-influenced female singer/songwriters in the coming years. I don't mind that at all.

I have to say, though, thank goodness for Alex Patsavas, the music supervisor for "Grey's Anatomy." Through her, I've been turned on to so many wonderful musicians. It was the "Staring at the Sun" episode during season 3 that introduced Ingrid to the masses.

But, besides her... wow... thanks to Alex, I've been able to get into Jem, Butterfly Boucher, The Ditty Bops, Rosie Thomas, Laura Veirs, Nellie McKay, Masha Qrella, A.M. Sixty, Mike Doughty, Esthero, Emiliana Torrini, The Chalets, Metric, Anna Nalick, Kate Havnevik, Sing Sing, Au Revoir Simone, The Pipettes, Camera Obscura, Peter Bjorn & John, Bedouin Soundclash, Bill Ricchini, etc, etc, etc, etc. It's just a crazy amount of great music coming from "Grey's."

Smiler

CHEERS!

--Audrey

www.myspace.com/absolutelyaudrey