Sign in to follow this  
Ghostwriter

Meaningful Regina Lyrics

"never was much of a looker ,but could always find my way around in the dark"

et bien sur

"my heart eats beats"

"started off beneath the knowledge tree then they chopped it down to make white picket fences they marched along the railroad tracks and smiled real wide for the camera lenses the made it past the enemy lines just to become enslaved in the assembly lines"

"like you might make a dollar, I'm inside your mouth now, behind your tonsils, peeking over your molars, you're talking to her now, you've eaten something minty and you're making that face that I like and you're going in in for kill kill for the killer kiss kiss for the kiss kiss..."

I just found Perks' favourite lyrics thread .. but oh well. Thanks for all your replies (SoaS especially!), It's made a nice read.

I really like the "a man destined to hang can never drown" bit ... I always have to stop and listen when that comes on.

"Which do you do more often, Smile or not?" Is good too.

"And then you take that love you made and stick it into some... someone else's heart pumping someone else's blood, and walking arm in arm you hope it don't get harmed, but even if it does you'll just do it all again"

"Everyone inside the mechanism is yearning to get out... and sing another melody completely, so different from the one they're always singing"

"Say it in your mind until you know that the words are right... this is why we fight"

"She was lying on the floor and counting stretchmarks"

I was listening to "Man of a Thousand Faces" about a million times today (my latest addiction) and I loooove "his words are quiet like stains are on a tablecloth washed in a river."

Oh and a few more I've thought of:

"I must have left a thousand times, but there's a small town in my mind."

"All the power of my voice can't compare to the power of a quiet whisper."

"Thought I'd see your face in my mind for all time but I can't even remember what your ears look like."

And I wish I could pick a particular line from Ezra Pound or Secret Stash but they're both too perfect :P

"i should have held an after party for all the thoughts i didn't say"

"you caaan't out wait faaate"

"it made me hopeful that someday our water will be breathable again"

aand all of dulce et decorum est pro patria mori

and i know she didn't write hallelujah but her version of it kills meee every time, haha. =D

"she named the baby elvis to make up for the royalty he lacked"

"and it was raining cats and dogs outside of her window and she knew they'd be destined to become sacred road kill.."

"they build buildings so tall these days."

"and she would ask for time, she would ask for time and she would beg for time, but time is not given and time is not taken, it just sifts through its sift"