Sign in to follow this  
morricone1900

Human of the Year

You know, somehow or another I guess I had never gotten around to hearing Regina's Town Hall edition of "Human of the Year" from last September, until tonight.

Man, girlfriend be WAILING in that night's performance! I've never heard her really go full-tilt R&B belt before, ever! The other version I've had of the song is from the Edinburgh Festival, and while she does kick into more voice during the last chorus in that performance, too, it's nothing like the vocal passion that came pouring out of her in the Town Hall version.

Wow. That was some amazing singing there! Smiler Has she done that song much on this current tour -- and has it often reached the kind of intensity that was captured on that Town Hall recording?

You know, somehow or another I guess I had never gotten around to hearing Regina's Town Hall edition of "Human of the Year" from last September, until tonight.

Man, girlfriend be WAILING in that night's performance! I've never heard her really go full-tilt R&B belt before, ever! The other version I've had of the song is from the Edinburgh Festival, and while she does kick into more voice during the last chorus in that performance, too, it's nothing like the vocal passion that came pouring out of her in the Town Hall version.

Wow. That was some amazing singing there! Smiler Has she done that song much on this current tour -- and has it often reached the kind of intensity that was captured on that Town Hall recording?

I know, it's incredible how she sings that part with so much soul, almost like a black chick!

hahah

This is my fav. song as far as Regina's singing goes. Her vocals make it the best.

Whenever I sing this song, I can only semi- "nail" it maybe 1 time out of 10 times trying!

LOL!