Sign in to follow this  
Will Crane

Regina spektor posers

im always the last to know about everything aswell but my on the radio friend will never attempt to listen to anything else she listened to 3 seconds of december before deciding it not worthy or whatever, i dont like the elitist opinion but i dont like people who wont try new things

on the radio is a great song but then regina has so many amazing songs and thats what annoys me is that shes not prepared to accept that. she thinks im obcessive but i guess shes never been on this site because you're all like me, that makes me happy that im not the only one and it can feel like that sometimes.

quote:
Originally posted by Sugardrive:

but i think that sometimes (ok many times) people get into the "well i listened to her when she first came out, so that makes me better than everyone else" syndrome.

Yes. That elitist attitude, that you so succinctly described above, does rear it's ugly head around here from time-to-time.

But then someone usually points it out and it dies a natural death.

By the way, OT, welcome, if I didn't say that yet and congratulations on the pending nuptials. I think you're going to be fun to have around here.

i don't mind Regina getting more recognition or anything (she deserves everything good that comes to her) the only thing i reeally dislike tons is when a person only hears fidelity and judges her solely from that or if they just pass her as another regular artist, which she completely isn't at all.

quote:
Originally posted by andreseng:

quote:
Originally posted by Sugardrive:

but i think that sometimes (ok many times) people get into the "well i listened to her when she first came out, so that makes me better than everyone else" syndrome.

Yes. That elitist attitude, that you so succinctly described above, does rear it's ugly head around here from time-to-time.

But then someone usually points it out and it dies a natural death.

By the way, OT, welcome, if I didn't say that yet and congratulations on the pending nuptials. I think you're going to be fun to have around here.

That's very kind of you. I appreciate the warm welcome. <3

@folding chair...music is a form of art and is open to interpretation. which is why its such a magical thing. Smiler

Well, I heard of Regi through BTH, so I am one of "those."

But I eventually loved all her music---old and new. (Obsessions have included: SUNY film project, All the Rowboats, Pavlov's Daughter, Lacrimosa, Man of 1000 Faces, Scarecrow & Fungus.)

But you know what? I still love Fidelity and On the Radio! I think they are both really great songs.

mooebon has 555 posts - the lesser evil? (well there was 555 when I wrote this, lol.)

I made a couple of CDs to say goodbye to my friend who was moving away - so I snuck Loveology into the mix.

I think that's the way to do it - infect them with reginitis not by saying, "hey, check out Regina Spektor" but spoonfeed them the songs that will win them over before they're biased by BTH. It's worked a couple of times before. (:

quote:
Originally posted by 1953:

mooebon has 555 posts - the lesser evil? (well there was 555 when I wrote this, lol.)

I made a couple of CDs to say goodbye to my friend who was moving away - so I snuck Loveology into the mix.

I think that's the way to do it - infect them with reginitis not by saying, "hey, check out Regina Spektor" but spoonfeed them the songs that will win them over before they're biased by BTH. It's worked a couple of times before. (:

Is there a significance to 555 I am not aware of? I know about 666.

Ahhh. Maybe I could delete a bunch of my posts to get back to 555. And then, I could delete a post for every new post I put up, so I could always be at 555....

Then again, I might be too lazy Big Grin

the only thing i hate is when people go to her concerts that dont appreciate her as much as others. I cant stand when they say "play fidelity" um..of course shes gonna play that song shut up! but am getting so sick of fidelity, and i think begin to hope is on the bottom of my list for favorite regina albums, i mean its an amazing album but just not as great as her others.